Wanted WTB: F Engine Offenhauser Intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im thinking about trying out a FiTech EFI, so Im pricing out a reasonable offenhauser intake for my F engine. According to the offy catalog these are part numbers 6154-DP or 6225-C. Dual port or C series are OK. Let me know if you've got one on the shelf you're willing to part with. Thanks!

I have an adapter that adapts a 4 barrel Holley to a 2 barrel Holley intake, then an adapter that adapts a 2 barrel Holley to a Landcruiser intake. If you don't find an Offy 4 barrel intake, my two adapters together might be a choice (??????), and cost considerably less than an Offy intake.

I have an adapter that adapts a 4 barrel Holley to a 2 barrel Holley intake, then an adapter that adapts a 2 barrel Holley to a Landcruiser intake. If you don't find an Offy 4 barrel intake, my two adapters together might be a choice (??????), and cost considerably less than an Offy intake.
Thanks Ill keep that in mind!

"Paul" here on mud has an Offy intake for sale, you need to send him a PM.

"Paul" here on mud has an Offy intake for sale, you need to send him a PM.
Thanks! I just sent him a message.

Your other post got me thinking about either buying/making an adapter or modifying a stock intake by welding on a billet to try to keep the carb openings concentric. Offy moves the carb away from the head. That way I could use the stock air cleaner with a silicone reducing tube section... It would all depend on the stack up and clearances.

@Downey , if I found an Offenhauser 6115 intake for sale which is the 2F intake - would that fit on my F engine? Im confused because Offy says beyond 77 needs to run headers on the 2Fs and this seller did not post photos of the underside. When the the bolt pattern between the intake an exhaust change? I am not opposed to a header if I need to. If so, part two of my question is do you have any of those sweet Tri Y's kicking around?

No experience with these but also interested.
Seems I remember folks saying adding 4 barrel sucked gas on highway. But if you kept your foot out of it...?

Pulling boat up mountains, I sure wish I had more horsepower in reserve.

I have a rebuilt Holley 4 barrel that I thought was a 450 cfm with automatic choke and vacuum secondaries, would be righteous on an FJ40, but it turned out to be a 600 cfm that has the same external appearance of the 450. Sooooo, I took the sandblasted stock FJ40 intake I had, bolted on the Holley 2 barrel adapter, then bolted on my 2 barrel to 4 barrel adapter, then bolted on the 600, then bolted on the used Downey oval aluminum air cleaner I have- - -looks righteous, now going to my ebay store unless a MUD guy gets excited about the prospect. With vacuum secondaries (and some re-jetting) this thing should be somewhat "mpg thrifty" on a Landcruiser?????

I have a rebuilt Holley 4 barrel that I thought was a 450 cfm with automatic choke and vacuum secondaries, would be righteous on an FJ40, but it turned out to be a 600 cfm that has the same external appearance of the 450. Sooooo, I took the sandblasted stock FJ40 intake I had, bolted on the Holley 2 barrel adapter, then bolted on my 2 barrel to 4 barrel adapter, then bolted on the 600, then bolted on the used Downey oval aluminum air cleaner I have- - -looks righteous, now going to my ebay store unless a MUD guy gets excited about the prospect. With vacuum secondaries (and some re-jetting) this thing should be somewhat "mpg thrifty" on a Landcruiser?????
You actually got me thinking about a way to do this without stacking adapters and also not having bolts coming from inside the adapter.
Granted, finding an F engine Offy or adapting the 2F one above would be easier... but this would let me keep it concentric to the factory air cleaner opening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom