Wrench Day Needed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all!
I have a TRE kit and a knuckle rebuild kit that I got from cruiser outfitters. 9 out of 10 times I’ll do things on my own and ask for advice if needed but I’m gonna need a hand and some space to do this one (as I don’t have the space to do this). At the same time I do plan on replacing the bushings in my leafs and adding new leaves since my ARB should be in soon. I think the only PITA will be getting the TREs and drag link to break free. If anyone is willing to give me a hand I can compensate with food, beer, and or money if needed.

Thanks in advance!
Alika

When are you thinking of crushing this???

Maybe next weekend? The sooner the better but I’m not sure how long it’ll take. I’ve only ever done TRE’s.

I can pull the Chevelle out and offer up a bay, I should have all the tools needed on hand to do a Knuckle with the exception of maybe the correct size spindle nut socket. I've done 40 and 80 series knuckles before, guessing BJ74 is similar. I need to work on my 40 and get the timing set and finish some wiring. If that works let me know what day your thinking off. Im off Fri/Sat/Sun

I can pull the Chevelle out and offer up a bay, I should have all the tools needed on hand to do a Knuckle with the exception of maybe the correct size spindle nut socket. I've done 40 and 80 series knuckles before, guessing BJ74 is similar. I need to work on my 40 and get the timing set and finish some wiring. If that works let me know what day your thinking off. Im off Fri/Sat/Sun

That would be awesome! I will take Saturday the 7th off and am free for Sunday just in-case I don’t finish up. The axle is pretty much identical to 40/60 series.

Just a suggestion but you may want to split this up into separate wrench days. Doing knuckles for the first time takes awhile even with two guys. I'd recommend doing TRE's, bushings, leafs in one go, and knuckles in another round, so you're not rushed. My best friend and I did his 80 knuckles last year, his first time, my second time and it took us all day with one of us working our own side. Always seems to be a broken bolt or something weird that slows you down a bit.

^^^^^Some good bloody knuckle wisdom right there

I can compensate with food, beer, and or money if needed.

Thanks in advance!
Alika

Went ahead and fixed that for you. ;)

I've torn my knuckles down a half dozen or so times and would love to help. However, if this goes down on the 7th I'll be unavailable. I'll keep an eye out and see what day this all washes out.

I should be able to lend a hand that weekend, at least to help wrench some bottles open.

I a have an open schedule currently so my swing by for a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom