wrapping my head around a frame swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Way back when i used a place called "Ready Strip" i think now it is owned by others and the price has gone stupid. But it may be worth a call they could have regained their sanity.

Any luck finding a frame? They are not easy to come by. I bought one from Arizona (impecable frame) and had it shipped up here. It was worth it to me to get a totally rust free frame. Now I just need the $$ to get the job done (I'm not interested in doing it myself).

Thanks Phil, I've got a frame now actually, its gonna be here soon, but thanks for suggestion, I appreciate it.

Hey, that's MY rig!!
Don't fret Matt16, if you get overwhelmed, just call Chris at Westcoast Alignment and Frame on Powell in Vanc, he did my frame swap, cost a bit, but it was so worth it not to have to worry about dropping my truck on a bunch of friendly helpers...! It was an 84 FJ frame into my 84 BJ. Only frame mod was engine mounts (and reuse your tranny crossmember!) BTW, they are an ICBC approved frame repair shop, and replacing the frame was only $1000 more than a rear 1/2 splice.

I know you stated you would be doing this in a driveway, hope it's level. The link below gives you a pretty good idea of what is involved. Has some pretty useful photos. Good luck finding a frame, they are out there, just takes time to locate them.

Photo Gallery :: Toyota Landcruiser Frame Swap

They are in your neck of the woods, you could give them a call and see what it would run you. Never know, maybe the price will fit your budget. Maybe post up in a TLCA club in your area to see if you can get a lead on a good frame.

The frame currently is in my front yard, while my buddy and I try and figure out media-blasting. We bought a cheap suction gun, but out sand is damp and its not working. We're gonna pick up some dry media tomorrow.

The plan after a bit of media blasting to get a little of the scale rust off is to then paint over top with a moisture cured urethane (Rust Bullet, POR-15, Chassis Saver etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom