Worlds slowest OBA build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"Toyota OEM hand throttle"

You bring the suck:):) Wanna buy a Mopar???

My version of an oem hand throttle is a brick..

Pretty much. With the thundering TBI 360 wheezing along, I can manage the speed limit in most 3rd world countries if it's relatively level. Otherwise I just back out and cruise at whatever speed it will make the hill at..

Are we ready for a snow run yet?????????

I'd like to go with a group that can actually achieve the objective this time..

"Toyota OEM hand throttle"

You bring the suck:):) Wanna buy a Mopar???

My version of an oem hand throttle is a brick..

Pretty much. With the thundering TBI 360 wheezing along, I can manage the speed limit in most 3rd world countries if it's relatively level. Otherwise I just back out and cruise at whatever speed it will make the hill at..

Are we ready for a snow run yet?????????

I'd like to go with a group that can actually achieve the objective this time..

Now that was funny.

I am (snow run), but I just have too much to do and every weekend is filled to the max. I tell you, this working for a living thing really cuts into my personal time. Gathering parts for the OBA (pretty much have everything ordered) and dual battery stuff. I have had the second battery mounted for two years, so I guess it is about time I actually hook it up. Also working on my inside storage, the list goes on and on.

Jack

Now that was funny.

I am (snow run), but I just have too much to do and every weekend is filled to the max. I tell you, this working for a living thing really cuts into my personal time. Gathering parts for the OBA (pretty much have everything ordered) and dual battery stuff. I have had the second battery mounted for two years, so I guess it is about time I actually hook it up. Also working on my inside storage, the list goes on and on.

Jack
I'll see your indoor storage and raise you a vegetable garden. :lol:

I'll see your indoor storage and raise you a vegetable garden. :lol:

I did the indoor (inside the house) this last weekend, new closet organizer/system. New shelves in the pantry.

I am working on bettering the storage inside the cruiser. Instead of just piling things on the floor and then piling things on top of those things, I am working out a inside rack of sorts to keep the light weight stuff off of the heavy weight stuff. The theory being that hopefully I can move/get to stuff and things without having to unload stuff and things. See? Clear as 'Mud...

I had a two layer system in my Jeep and it worked great, tried it in the 4runner, didn't work so great. Trying to workout a decent/lightweight/removeable system for the 80. We will see.

Jack

Last edited:
I did the indoor (inside the house) this last weekend, new closet organizer/system. New shelves in the pantry.

I am working on bettering the storage inside the cruiser. Instead of just piling things on the floor and then piling things on top of those things, I am working out a inside rack of sorts to keep the light weight stuff off of the heavy weight stuff. The theory being that hopefully I can move/get to stuff and things without having to unload stuff and things. See? Clear as 'Mud...

I had a two layer system in my Jeep and it worked great, tried it in the 4runner, didn't work so great. Trying to workout a decent/lightweight/removeable system for the 80. We will see.

Jack

Yeah we revised the pantry in the spare bedroom, I built some more shelves in the shed for the camping gear, cleaned out a couple of drawers in the lateral files in the garage, re-organized the crap under the stairs, ......:rolleyes:

Now I'm working on building the raised bed vegetable garden.
This crap is getting in the way of working on my Cruisers.

What happened to your "bags on a rail" system? I thought that was working pretty well.

With all due respect to Will action packers suck. The tapered sides are inefficient, the tops don't seal well and they are in no way dust/weather proof. Plus they are to wimpy to sit on around camp.

As much as I like apple boxes, free and they pack well, I would like a more permanent solution.

I'm thinking about a drawer system that stacks when the second row seats are up and is flat for sleeping when they are down.

I agree action packers suck. Just happened that was the only link I could find close to what I have.

We had a nice rolling rack with slide out drawers in one of our work cars. It was nice, but the thing must have weighed 1000 lbs.

Come on man finish this thing up....... My OBA stuff is starting to come in and was hoping to check your plumbing (OBA plumbing) :)

ken

What happened to your "bags on a rail" system? I thought that was working pretty well.

Nothing at all, they are staying. This system I am building (in my head at this time), is for camping reasons. I want to put my heavy campgear, chairs/tables, action packers (I thought they were going to be the deal, but I am learning different), tools and other items on the floor. Then our sleeping bags, clothes, etc. will sit on top of the heavy stuff in a dual layer system. That way, you don't have to unload the light things to get to the heavy things.

Come on man finish this thing up....... My OBA stuff is starting to come in and was hoping to check your plumbing (OBA plumbing) :)

ken

Well, at this point, I am still waiting on Kilby to ship my stuff. I ordered it a week ago last Friday and I got an email saying they were going to send everything out at the end of week (last week). No idea if they did or not.

I have decided that I am not going to run a tank for now. If I need it, I will plumb it in, we will see how it goes.

Also, I think you need update your signature sir. :flipoff2:

Jack

Box in that bumper of yours and plumb in some air. That should make a nice tank to cushion your air supply.

when I come back form Egypt I will try to bring back a sweet cruiser.............

Still waiting on Kilby.

Did get my hand throttle installed, took all of about 10 minutes. Can't beat that and it works perfectly.

Also got my National Luna dual battery system hooked up. Because I suck at electrical stuff, I went with the idiot proof system. :p

I will take pictures when I have everything installed (York).

Jack

Well I finally got my stuff from Kilby. I was able to re-gasket the York this last week. I have to go down to Hoses and Fittings and pick up the rest of the items I need to be able to plumb everything in. That and figure out where I am going to mount the manifold.

Oh yeah finish up the rest of the interior rack, do an oil change, change out the gear oil in the axles/t-case and give everything a once over. Wheeling season is getting close...

Jack

Well I finally got my stuff from Kilby. I was able to re-gasket the York this last week. I have to go down to Hoses and Fittings and pick up the rest of the items I need to be able to plumb everything in. That and figure out where I am going to mount the manifold.

Oh yeah finish up the rest of the interior rack, do an oil change, change out the gear oil in the axles/t-case and give everything a once over. Wheeling season is getting close...

Jack

Good news!
Did you end of having to call them and threaten bodily harm!?

Thanks for the reminder that wheeling season is close!:flipoff2:

Good news!
Did you end of having to call them and threaten bodily harm!?

Thanks for the reminder that wheeling season is close!:flipoff2:

Well the last time I talked to them, they said they would send an email when everything shipped. I never got an email. About the time I was ready to call, the package showed up. :rolleyes:

You are welcome. Believe me, it is rushing up to me as well. :flipoff2:

Jack

Miracles of miracles I have AIR.:D

Now time for the pictures.

Air coupler mounted on front bumper.

York mounted.

Manifold

Rear mounted air coupler.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom