Work In Progress - Dobinsons Rear Bumper Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I figured out a trick to make installing the center bolts a touch easier. Just remove the aluminum splash pan that covers the mounting location.

Is the consensus to use 2 or 3 of the U shaped spacers? I have three installed at the moment.

The two "loose bolts" at the rear are for the factory hitch.

1603547485484.png

Last edited:
I think I figured out a trick to make installing the center bolts a touch easier. Just remove the aluminum splash pan that covers the mounting location.

Is the consensus to use 2 or 3 of the U shaped spacers? I have three installed at the moment.

The two "loose bolts" at the rear are for the factory hitch.

View attachment 2474605
I think I used 2

Has anyone installed this bumper onto an LX470 with the integrated hitch? The holes for the spacers don't line up with my cross member holes

Has anyone installed this bumper onto an LX470 with the integrated hitch? The holes for the spacers don't line up with my cross member holes
Did you ever find a solution or answer to this? I just ordered this bumper since it seems to be the only one in stock anywhere and just now doing my research to make the install as smooth as possible.

Did you ever find a solution or answer to this? I just ordered this bumper since it seems to be the only one in stock anywhere and just now doing my research to make the install as smooth as possible.
Haven't found an answer sadly. Also haven't installed the swingouts yet. Main concern would be too much stress on the center of the bumper without that attachment point... @crikeymike any advice here?

Haven't found an answer sadly. Also haven't installed the swingouts yet. Main concern would be too much stress on the center of the bumper without that attachment point... @crikeymike any advice here?
Do you happen to have a picture of where the holes don’t align and what year your lx470 is? I’m just curious if they are all the same.

Last night I tested the LED light hookup and expected an issue with the flashers. Earlier I bought a Diode Dynamics flasher to correct any issues with flasher speed being too fast. I don't think I have an issue with flasher speed.

Does the flasher speed in this video look ok? Should I install the Diode Dynamics flasher?

Last night I tested the LED light hookup and expected an issue with the flashers. Earlier I bought a Diode Dynamics flasher to correct any issues with flasher speed being too fast. I don't think I have an issue with flasher speed.

Does the flasher speed in this video look ok? Should I install the Diode Dynamics flasher?

Looks good to me

Did anyone have to trim the fender liner to mount the bumper? I've got an 05 LX470.

Did anyone have to trim the fender liner to mount the bumper? I've got an 05 LX470.

I have a 99 model. I didn't but had one side that had to be pulled down to fit with weight to get it aligned to fit.

Apologize for reviving this thread. I just installed a Dobinsons bumper on my LX with an integrated hitch. I had to drill new holes on the Dobinsons bumper bracket since the holes doesnt line up. Used a cardboard as my template and then transferred the template to the dobinsons bumper. After that, mounted the bumper and everything lined up. Bought an oem style hitch from etrailer to move it under the bumper.

20211107_140623.jpg

20211107_140738.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom