Wits' End- 80 Series Inner Seal Overdrive Tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to be rebuilding my front axle and I was wondering if any local folks might have the Wits end seal driver I could borrow for a few days? Or do any of you have tips on how to over drive the inner seal without this tool? I'd prefer not to have to rebuild again due to this.
Thanks!

I made one from the harbor freight seal driver kit that you can borrow. It definately helps.

However, I thought that you left the seal out about 1/8", not overdrive the seal in.... seems that would damage the seal.

Well I thought the same thing about leaving it out.. But according to lots of folks here on the forums you are supposed to over drive it.. I even asked cruiser outfitters when I ordered my parts.. They said the same thing that it is better to over drive the seal.
Wits End Driver

@ariff technically you don’t need my tool because a correctly sized socket and careful tapping will net you the same result. My tool just keeps you from fudging it.

As to over vs under, over-driving the seal is better because there is more contact with the OD of the seal to the knuckle.

If it’s cost prohibitive let me know and I’ll just send a tool to you. I’d rather see you do it right and without panic if it’s done correctly and second guessing the install. PM me your address and I’ll send one out this morning.

Don’t stress it ;)

Last edited:
@NLXTACY wow seriously that is very cool of you to offer.. Yes my better half was not very happy with me asking to spend more money on a tool when I have already sunk around 400 bucks for the new parts to rebuild the axle.. And the last thing I want to do is re-do the job. I'll send you a PM.. Man there are some great people on this forum..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom