Wiper motor rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wiper motor.JPG

I sent the wiper motor from my 77 Fj40 out for rebuild. My right arm isn't completely healed from an injury last year and I can't handle this kind of task right now. I have a rifle that I re-blued last Spring and maybe, just maybe, I might try to re-assemble it soon.

Anyway, since I could not rebuild the motor myself, I looked at options which included mostly buying another person's junk. There are a lot of used wiper motors available for big bucks. I even bought a "brand new", in a Toyota box wiper motor off eBay from a vendor in Florida. What a night mare. I got a piece of junk shipped from Caracas, Venezuela and eventually got my money back from eBay.

So, I finally discovered D&M Restoration in Greenville, SC who rebuilds wiper motors from vintage cars. Early last week I called to get an approximate ETA and had to explain which Fj40 mine is. They had more than mine in for rebuild.

I got mine back days earlier than stated and it looks brand new right down to the round rubber seal on the back side.

Cost was only $185.00.

D&M Restoration
800 722 0854
dandmrestoration.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom