Windshield wiper fluid pump - Location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This morning in Denver, I was driving in the snow up to Evergreen, with some sloppy roads. I was using my wiper fluid to keep the windshield clean and one time I pull it, it doesn't spray. The tank is full and the rear windshield sprayer functions. Since I've owned the vehicle, the pump has always made a slight pumping sound, which is now missing. I'm presuming its the pump, but has anyone else had this issue before? If so, was the pump the issue?

Also, where is the pump???? I'm really struggling to find it.

FYI 06 LC, but I think all 100 series are the same for the wiper fluid system.

Assuming it’s the same as 98-02 it’s in the driver side bumper cavity to the inner fender liner. It’s packaged pretty low. 2 pumps,one for rear, one for the front. Have several pumps. I have several part outs and pumps from early models. Does the rear work?

have an old customer from KC that moved to evergreen last year with 2 land cruisers. They are always looking for other cruiser fans.

1616678322127.png

I'm also having a fluid pump issue. I had some front left bumper damage, and it's possible that the shop didnt hook these back up (neither front nor rear are working). Is the best way to check these from below? I took a brief look the other day but there was snow on the ground and didnt have a chance to get underneath the car. Thanks!

I'm also having a fluid pump issue. I had some front left bumper damage, and it's possible that the shop didnt hook these back up (neither front nor rear are working). Is the best way to check these from below? I took a brief look the other day but there was snow on the ground and didnt have a chance to get underneath the car. Thanks!

in front of the front tire is a plastic piece, take that off and the tank is right there with the pumps and connectors

in front of the front tire is a plastic piece, take that off and the tank is right there with the pumps and connectors
Thanks for this. Was able to find the pumps. Everything appears to be hooked up but nothing is working, which seems to tell me that there is a wiring issue. Not sure what to do.

I haven't seen the wiring for the pumps, are the front and rear connectors the same? If so, maybe you can swap them to see if you can get the front to work. If the front works with the rear switch, then you either have a bad front switch or a bad rear motor. To test the front switch, maybe you can test the front wiring with a multimeter to see if you see 12v when you try to activate the pump?

I haven't seen the wiring for the pumps, are the front and rear connectors the same? If so, maybe you can swap them to see if you can get the front to work. If the front works with the rear switch, then you either have a bad front switch or a bad rear motor. To test the front switch, maybe you can test the front wiring with a multimeter to see if you see 12v when you try to activate the pump?
Thanks for the input. You can see in the above diagram (at 85317) that there is one socket/connector that feeds three two pumps. I'll get out there with a multimeter to see if I'm getting 12v at the connector from the wiring.

Wonder what the third connection to the front of the fluid basin is for? Sensor I'm guessing

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. You can see in the above diagram (at 85317) that there is one socket/connector that feeds three two pumps. I'll get out there with a multimeter to see if I'm getting 12v at the connector from the wiring.

Wonder what the third connection to the front of the fluid basin is for? Sensor I'm guessing
I didn't notice until I reread this thread that there are 2 different people with questions. I was replying to the first one but you could use my reply to your situation. That 3rd connection is probably for the 100's that have head light squirters/cleaners.

I took that piece off, found the tank, but no pumps right there from the wheel well. Saw the hose that I traced from the hood lines, along the inside of the fender, and down to under the vehicle. Problem was I was working in a dirty, wet parking lot trying to fix it before driving back to Denver, but wasn't trying to get on my back under the vehicle in that gross lot to look up at the situation. Where are they after you take that piece off?

Assuming it’s the same as 98-02 it’s in the driver side bumper cavity to the inner fender liner. It’s packaged pretty low. 2 pumps,one for rear, one for the front. Have several pumps. I have several part outs and pumps from early models. Does the rear work?

have an old customer from KC that moved to evergreen last year with 2 land cruisers. They are always looking for other cruiser fans.
Would you say they're inboard or in front of the reservoir? I've seen the outboard and rear sides of the reservoir and they are not there. Maybe its different from the earlier years...

I did find the same diagram last night while searching further that TheForger posted. It seems to show them inboard but isn't decisively clear. I'd love some confirmation of their location before I go taking it apart again.

my mistake, I did this a month ago, the pumps IIRCC are toward the radiator side, I ended up dropping the resevoir to look at them, the fill tube just has a rubber gasket/oring it stays in place and the resevoir drops out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom