Builds Windshield washer sprayer upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Currently rolling without squirts on my ‘78. Pipe inside windshield frame must be plugged and in no rush to take top off after redoing the entire top with OEM seals. How does the squirt on the hood work for us ‘78 guys whose upper squirt is out of commission? Anyone have a part number for the OEM hood mounted nozzle?

You can bypass your rusted steel windshield line with PVC hose from Lowes or HD. Blow a string from the opening above the windshield and out the lower right side of the windshield and then use the string to pull in the new hose. It might take several tries, but you'll get it eventually.

Currently rolling without squirts on my ‘78. Pipe inside windshield frame must be plugged and in no rush to take top off after redoing the entire top with OEM seals. How does the squirt on the hood work for us ‘78 guys whose upper squirt is out of commission? Anyone have a part number for the OEM hood mounted nozzle?

You can bypass your rusted steel windshield line with PVC hose from Lowes or HD. Blow a string from the opening above the windshield and out the lower right side of the windshield and then use the string to pull in the new hose. It might take several tries, but you'll get it eventually.
So on passenger side of windshield, the upright? Pretty sure that will require a top removal, correct? Thanks for this👍

No. I think you should be able to do it with the windshield up. I believe I did it that way. The string should come down from the windshield in that space between the glove box and the side of the cowl. Use compressed air with a nozzle and a long enough string that you can get it through with access to both ends.

So on passenger side of windshield, the upright? Pretty sure that will require a top removal, correct? Thanks for this👍

It's a little crowded, but not impossible. This is a photo of mine with the tubing installed.

IMG_2969.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom