Windshield trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My LX has the OEM roof rack as well....

Disclaimer:Always try to check that any part numbers posted herein match as compatible with your VIN. I ordered side windshield mouldings (listed above in this thread as "Garnishes") based off of research from this thread and another here on this forum. After the part numbers listed earlier in this thread showed to be a match for my truck on an online website, I placed my order quickly without comparing against the VIN because I had an appointment to change my windshield approaching.

Upon receiving them it turned out that they were not as long as the trim being replaced and would have stopped about 4 or 5 inches short of the originals(attached with 2 sided tape) in the roof rain channel where they meet the trim coming from the roof rack. Although along the sides of the windshield(rivet holes area) was a perfect match on these shorter trim pieces, I chose not to install them at the time of glass installation and waited to get the correct mouldings in for my 2006 LX470 to have a stock appearance along channel in roof.

Listed below are the part numbers that I used to complete my Windshield(I bought an aftermarket supplied by my glass shop) installation:

75534-60021 Moulding, Windshield (LH)
75533-60031 Moulding, Windshield (RH)
75531-60030 Moulding, Windshield (Top)
75543-60020 Moulding, Windshield x2 (each side requires 1)
89944-50010 Tape, Rain Sensor
87825-60010 Spring, Inner Rear View Mirror (I "reshaped" my spring a few times to cure vibrations and decided to replace it at this time)
90269-04053 Rivet x8 (I ordered extra just in case a couple didn't come out tight enough for my liking and had to redo a few)

If anyone needs to replace their LC windshield I will put the Garnishes(75534-60050 / 75533-60060) in classifieds later along with some other parts necessary for glass installation. PM if interested.

Hope this helps someone else avoid the mistake that I made...
Just wanted to say a HUGE thanks for this! Going through the exact same deal now on my LX470 and I'm positive you've saved me hundreds $$ and untold frustration.

66663B57-84DE-44B0-AEFB-466B0CE7BBC0.jpeg

Have a small gap between molding and A-pillar. Seems like Safelite used rivets (good) but they’re kinda loose (bad). Is this solved by re-riveting or is there supposed to be some sort of sealant/adhesive in there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom