Windshield trim incorrectly installed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As noted in another post, the previous owner I recently acquired an 03 LX from had the windshield recently replaced by Safelite. I am getting a ton of wind noise which I believe is due to the lack of trim pieces that are supposed to go over the rivits (screws in this case).

In addition to this, I noticed that the trim above the windshield going back to toward the roof rack does not sit very flush at all and in addition to just bugging me in general, could be causing some additional wind noise.

I've posted some photos of mine below, can anyone share photos of theirs to confirm what it should look like? Thanks!
IMG_0963.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_0965.JPG
IMG_0966.JPG

I'm interested as well. My LX I bought a couple months ago has messed up looking trim and a removed roof rack, and I'm curious to see if there is rust forming underneath....

I've heard others talk about the thick quality of glass used in the LX and how it's a major reason the truck is so quiet. I wonder if they replaced your windshield with a much thinner glass?

I'm interested as well. My LX I bought a couple months ago has messed up looking trim and a removed roof rack, and I'm curious to see if there is rust forming underneath....

I've heard others talk about the thick quality of glass used in the LX and how it's a major reason the truck is so quiet. I wonder if they replaced your windshield with a much thinner glass?

Yea is pretty terrible on the passenger side specifically when I get above about 45 MPH. Seems to be coming from the top of the glass where it meets the roof line which makes me think the trim could be problematic (in addition to the fact that I don't have the trim covering the rivets going down the side of the glass).

Do you get any wind noise from the messed up trim on yours?

Yea is pretty terrible on the passenger side specifically when I get above about 45 MPH. Seems to be coming from the top of the glass where it meets the roof line which makes me think the trim could be problematic (in addition to the fact that I don't have the trim covering the rivets going down the side of the glass).

Do you get any wind noise from the messed up trim on yours?
Not really that I have noticed. Maybe slight on the passenger side, but it sounds like it's coming from the hood.

Well, just had to take the dog out and took a couple pictures of what I believe is the original windshield and trims on my 2004 LX. Kinda dark, but maybe this shows what you're looking for...

uc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom