Windshield sprayer for BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a driver side sprayer that likes to pop out while I'm driving and that makes it hard to spay the windshield. I know the Honda 76810-tk8-a01 is a popular Tacoma/4runner upgrade. I picked up a pair and they are too large for the holes in the hood. I cannot get them to event pass the bend in the sprayer. What are people running as replacements? Are the holes cut in my hood just a weird size? @sleepydad69 used the honda ones in his 77. I figured the size would be the same. Builds - 1997 HZJ77HV-PEU Build (Grey Poupon) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1997-hzj77hv-peu-build-grey-poupon.1299043/page-3?fbclid=IwAR0xHuA3xmSoQf-m39ISumRsdkfsbw5HxDjzZN_4bJf84uPcvshj9vL4ISM

I've got a driver side sprayer that likes to pop out while I'm driving and that makes it hard to spay the windshield. I know the Honda 76810-tk8-a01 is a popular Tacoma/4runner upgrade. I picked up a pair and they are too large for the holes in the hood. I cannot get them to event pass the bend in the sprayer. What are people running as replacements? Are the holes cut in my hood just a weird size? @sleepydad69 used the honda ones in his 77. I figured the size would be the same. Builds - 1997 HZJ77HV-PEU Build (Grey Poupon) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1997-hzj77hv-peu-build-grey-poupon.1299043/page-3?fbclid=IwAR0xHuA3xmSoQf-m39ISumRsdkfsbw5HxDjzZN_4bJf84uPcvshj9vL4ISM

:( that is a bummer. sorry.

I believe that @c2dfj45 used sprayer nozzles from a newer Rav4 or something similar on one of his builds. I can't remember if it was a narrow nose or wide nose though.

I thought the ones that Witsend sells for an 80 series would fit but it turns out the hole is a different pattern on the 70.

I thought the ones that Witsend sells for an 80 series would fit but it turns out the hole is a different pattern on the 70.

I thought they would have as well. Seems like a fairly universal thing, but 70's have to be unique I guess, haha.

the angle most of them spray is too low for a 70 because of the windsheild angle. ive tried several and they just spray the bottom 1/3rd of the glass.

the angle most of them spray is too low for a 70 because of the windsheild angle. ive tried several and they just spray the bottom 1/3rd of the glass.
Supposedly you can adjust the nozzles by sticking a needle in the hole. I haven’t tried it yet though I want to but keep forgetting 🤣

The Honda ones you can totally adjust. Even the 4Runner ones can be adjusted with a pick.

I’m having a really hard time understanding how one of the most capable and talented group of automotive enthusiasts on the planet can be having this much trouble with washer nozzles?

The Honda ones you can totally adjust. Even the 4Runner ones can be adjusted with a pick.
Did the Honda nozzles snap right in? Or did you need to modify them?

Did the Honda nozzles snap right in? Or did you need to modify them?

No. I would have noted in the post if I had modified it. I do remember thinking when I first tried them - "oh they are not going to fit... but if I put them in this way and then spin... yep nice!"

I would go pull one out and try it but I still have my hood insulator and that thing is a pain to remove. and those stupid clips.

I'm not David Copperfield so I know it was not that hard.

I would go pull one out and try it but I still have my hood insulator and that thing is a pain to remove. and those stupid clips.

Agreed. Those clips completely self-destruct upon removal.

There's some guys talking about it in the Facebook group, so I'll link them over here. They seem to say that the Honda ones don't fit, which is why I asked.

Agreed. Those clips completely self-destruct upon removal.

There's some guys talking about it in the Facebook group, so I'll link them over here. They seem to say that the Honda ones don't fit, which is why I asked.

Its just me on Facebook using all my options, haha. Dont get me wrong, Mud is still the best source, but I've notice people are splitting use between both Facebook and here.

I've notice people are splitting use between both Facebook and here.

I tried the Facebook group. Signed up for Facebook just for that purpose but after a couple months quickly discovered that mud is a better place and shut down my account. Just wasn’t for me.

I tried the Facebook group. Signed up for Facebook just for that purpose but after a couple months quickly discovered that mud is a better place and shut down my account. Just wasn’t for me.
But don't forget! It's how I met you and ended up buying half your old parts! 😂

FB.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom