Windshield Replacement Parts List? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I spoke with a local dealer and got the impression they don't really know what's going on with a windshield replacement. Some of the parts listed in the quote don't appear to be for a 100 series.

I spoke with a local indy shop that seemed sharp, but they said I would need to bring the parts.

Prior to my ownership, the windshield was replaced and I believe installed incorrectly- based on wind noise in the cabin (whistling) and the windshield drip molding not lining up correctly with the roof drip molding (1 inch gap).

I would like to show up to the indy shop with all of the correct parts for them to do the best possible install. Currently I am thinking I will buy:

-Replacement Drip Moldings
-Rivets for the Moldings (8 I believe?)

What else should I include on this list? Where would you recommend ordering the parts?

Thank you in advance

I have had the windshield on my 100 replaced half a dozen times (Colorado) and have never needed to replace any of the moldings. Maybe let the indy guy use what's there but put it together the right way. OTOH windshields are disposable/consumable here so I am not too worried about getting it perfect the first time.

Your list seems good to me. The most important thing is how well they clean the old sealant so that the new will seal right.

I use a local guy NOVUS glass guy who does the work in my driveway.

Was the dealer going to use OEM glass?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom