windshield down, road legal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As long as you have approved eye protection on. And... don't mind getting harrassed by the POLICE.

An idiot buddy of mine did it a long time ago, only wasn't wearing goggles. He got a fine and they made him flip his WS back up.

I don't think it's any different than a Motorcycle in regards to law.

I Know the POlice are hardons around Rausch Creek, they stopped someone from Delaware with a 40 because they thought he didn't have doors on, he actually had tube doors on I believe. You don't need doors on to get it inspected but they told him you had to have doors on to cruise around Tremont. I don't get it.

I don't know about it being legal or not, but I drove my old CJ-7 like that once. It was about 15 years ago, but I still remember not being able to breathe very well and being thankful for having sunglasses on. It was only about a 10 mile trip and I stuck to back roads.

my research has shown that it more than likely not legal, and will very likely net you a roadside chat with the man.
doors is a way more gray area that is much less likely to result in a traffic stop. i ran the 40 for years every summer with no doors and was never hassled once for it.

I Know the POlice are hardons around Rausch Creek, they stopped someone from Delaware with a 40 because they thought he didn't have doors on, he actually had tube doors on I believe. You don't need doors on to get it inspected but they told him you had to have doors on to cruise around Tremont. I don't get it.

I guess they could have a local law. I've have my 40 inspected for the last 4 years with no doors and never had a problem driving it that way.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom