Window screens for 80/100 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok so you have my interest! :D Would both the full shade set and the 4 front window screens be available for a 4th gen 4Runner (2005 SR5)? Thanks!

Price too if the're available.

-Daniel

EDIT: No third brake light in the rear window.

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

Last edited:
Please add me to the list Mot. I want the screens and covers for my 80 with LED 3rd rear integrated brake light.

Can you still get a full set of the quilted widow shades for an 1995 80 series Land Cruiser. I would also like the second row window screens as well. I bought the third row from you last year and love them. Thanks for your time.

Met MOT today and bought some tail lights from him. Looking forward to picking up some screens.

Mot is super nice and has a pretty darn sweet Diesel 80 to boot.

Good guy to buy from.

Dan

Met MOT today and bought some tail lights from him. Looking forward to picking up some screens.

Mot is super nice and has a pretty darn sweet Diesel 80 to boot.

Good guy to buy from.

Dan

Dan is also a nice guy, although he's a buttface... :flipoff2:

I "promise" I will try to actually call the company and find out if my e-mail just went to their spam folder or they've been intentionally ignoring me for some reason. :doh:

Thanks for those who have expressed interest and also for being patient!

Mot

OK, just tried to establish another contact via a different means.

I am actually optimistic about it, but we'll see!

But again, don't fall over when you hear the current prices though. Again, it most likely will be at 20-30% higher due to the shift in the exchange rate.

Stay tuned...

Ok so you have my interest! :D Would both the full shade set and the 4 front window screens be available for a 4th gen 4Runner (2005 SR5)? Thanks!

Price too if the're available.

-Daniel

EDIT: No third brake light in the rear window.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

So, I'm taking a close look at their current offerings for the Toyota SUV's:

For the shades:

FJ Cruiser: GSJ15W

RAV4: XA10G (Long)
RAV4: CA30W

4Runner (Surf): 130; 180; 210

LC Prado: 70 (Long); 90/95 (Short/Long); 120 (Long); 150 (Long)

LC 60

LC 70 (Not the current model w/V-8, but the earlier, narrower hood/bonnet model)

LC 80/81

LC 100

LC 200

For the screens/bug net:; Unless stated otherwise, they are only available for the 2nd-row windows.

RAV4 XA10G (Long)

4Runner (Surf): 130; 180; 210

LC Prado: 70 (Long); 90/95 (Long); 120 (Long); 150 (Long)

LC 70 (Not the current model w/V-8, but the earlier, narrower hood/bonnet model)

LC 80/81 (2nd and 3rd-row window screens available, separately)

LC 100

LC 200

Please let me know which ones you would be interested in.

I just heard back from them, so I will post the prices (estimates) later today.

Thank you for the update! :clap:

Nickname: Surfy

Car: Landcruiser 200

Shippement to: Switzerland

Request:

LC 200 Screens / Bug net for 2nd row (for left/right)
LC 200 Window Screens (all windows!!)

So I looked at all the 4Runner models online and the Surf 210 appears to be the same as the US 4th gen... Can anyone confirm that?

-Daniel

Can you give me a cost on quilted window shades all windows and 2nd row screens for a 1995 80 series Land Cruiser. If a PM is easier let me know.

Thank you for the update! :clap:

Nickname: Surfy

Car: Landcruiser 200

Shippement to: Switzerland

Request:

LC 200 Screens / Bug net for 2nd row (for left/right)
LC 200 Window Screens (all windows!!)
Thanks for the info!
I will try to get a list going.

So I looked at all the 4Runner models online and the Surf 210 appears to be the same as the US 4th gen... Can anyone confirm that?

-Daniel

I haven't gotten around to checking it, yet.
But either someone might be able to verify, or I "should" be able to do so this evening.

Can you give me a cost on quilted window shades all windows and 2nd row screens for a 1995 80 series Land Cruiser. If a PM is easier let me know.
I am going to put the prices on here in a jiffy.

My advise is for you to be sitting down when you read the post. :grinpimp:

OK, here we go!

So, here are the prices that I had listed on the first post of this thread:

Currently I have two sets of the 2nd-row window bug screens for the LC80/100 left in stock. I'm selling them for $80, plus shipping ($28 via express air to the US: 1 week, online tracking, insured).

After those are sold the price would depend on the quantity ordered.

For example if I order only 1-2, then your cost will be about $119, plus shipping.
If I can order 3-9 pairs then it would be $109, plus shipping. If I can order the same quantity as I did my last order, 10, then it would be $95, plus shipping.

I guess the $80 that I've been selling these for is a heavily discounted price, especially now that the US$ is considerably weaker now than before.

The current price for the window shades (for all windows, including windshield and hatch) would be about $295, plus shipping for one set. $20 less for 3-9 sets. More than 10 would be $50 cheaper, at $245-ish.

Again, these can be divided up among different models and makes, shared with your local club members, etc...

Let me know if I can assist you make your in-truck sleeping experience a little (A LOT) more comfortable this summer!

$119/pair(each row of window) "should" be pretty close to covering the cost of the bug screens AND their shipping cost to my place in Utah, via slowboat. Then I will ask for the actual cost to ship from Utah to wherever you are.

So, someone like Surfy who lives (far) away from Utah would cost a lot more. I do wish there was a way, but I do not have anybody that I would be able to ask any more than receiving the bulk shipment and forwarding it to me in one sweep and the manufacturer will not ship overseas. So I'm afraid this is the only way at the moment.

Of course, if it exceeds $119/pair to have them shipped to Utah, then I would have to charge in addition.

It also depends on how you want them shipped.
I do not believe it would exceed $119 if we opted for slowboat, but that would mean that it would take up to 2 weeks from the time of order for the products to be manufactured and delivered in Japan.

Then it would take around 2 months for the shipment to arrive on my doorstep.
Which means the summer would be almost over. (The end of August).

However, if we opted for express air (not any more expensive than regular air shipping, btw), then the actual shipping time to Utah would be a week, if not a day or two quicker.

BUT the shipping cost would be more($20-ish/pair more, maybe)

"IF" it were up to me, I would like to opt for the express air since you can track it online through the USPS site and it would be insured.

But also this is not something that you would use one season and throw them away. So you can always use them once or twice before this summer/fall is over and put them away for the season.

Properly used they should serve you for many years of use. But a lot of us are all for instant gratifications, I know I am! :hillbilly:

And as for the (quilted) shades, I can safely say that $295 for the set (all windows/windshield/rear glass) "should" be sufficient, including the slowboat cost to Utah.

I tried to stay close to the upper limit of the prices listed on the post quoted above from 2 years ago (Granted, those were if I had order 1-2 of them each, rather than 10)

BTW, the above prices are based on the assumption that both bug screens and the shades would have at least 10 orders. Even with the higher prices I still feel somewhat optimistic that we might be able to get 10 sets of the bug screens (2nd/3rd row combined, even between different vehicles is OK!).

However, as far as the (quilted) shades go, I think we would be lucky if we can get 3-5. If that's the case, the cost will go up slightly for the shades.

Anyway, they told me that the costs will go up soon due to the increased cost of the materials. So we should get this baby ordered as soon as possible.

I should be able to give you a better idea of the cost, especially for the shades once I find out how many would be not just interested, but be committed.

I will most likely ask that you pay for the costs mentioned above up front, and then deal with the actual cost of shipping, etc...

But shipping them once they're in the US, I think for a pair of the bug screens it would be around $20, depending on how far you live from Utah.

And as for the shades, they're more bulky, but are pretty light. So I'm guessing $20-$30 for the set, again depending on how far you are from Utah (Sorry, Surfy!)

Please post up and let me know that you're ready to put down the payment, considering what I have just typed above. And we can finalize the order quantity (Hopefully close to, if not exceed 10 sets of bug screens AND shades) and get the ball rolling!

Thanks for your patience!

BTW, I am trying to do this for pretty close to my cost, since this is my first time doing this after getting back to the US (Trying to figure out the exact cost, including the wire transfer fee to Japan, etc... and I would like to give back to Mud which has given me so much over the years)

So, to recap, I am going to say $119/pair of bug screens and $295/set of (quilted) shades, shipped (slowboat) to Utah, or close to that cost anyway.

Hope I haven't scared off too many of you!

Mot

are there any pictures of them? would like to know the pattern/color of shades. also how are they mounted/installed?

Never mind: found the pics....

Last edited:
What brand are these shades? How are yours holding up? Is the reflective side starting to flake off? How well do the mounts hold up?

are there any pictures of them? would like to know the pattern/color of shades. also how are they mounted/installed?
I believe both the bug screens and the shades (for the 80 anyway) could be seen on this thread.

Never mind: found the pics....
The shades color is "silver", but there is also black (shiny) and another one with multi-color (kind of like the rainbow-ish color that oil in water exhibits), but they don't perform as well as silver and are more expensive. So I've ruled them out (I could get them if you must have them of course)

What brand are these shades? How are yours holding up? Is the reflective side starting to flake off? How well do the mounts hold up?
They're no-name brand.
To be honest, I have not used them since I used them on that particular trip displayed earlier in the thread.

I think, like with anything else, they key is how you use/store them.

Because of how they're used they are exposed to the sunlight/UV rays. When they're not in use they recommend that you store the screens where it is flat and cool (They fold).

And also, for the shades, make sure they're dry and put (rolled) away when not in use, in cool, dry location.

The suction cups which hold the shades up may require extra attention. But you "should" be able to replace them if you can find something similar at your local Lowes/Home Depot, etc...

I do have a pair of 3rd-row screens that I've been saving for myself. But I am hoping that I might place an order for the 2nd-row window screens, as well as possibly the quilted shades. We'll see how many of us actually end up ordering!

HTH's!

Mot

Are 100 third row screens available? Can just the front windshield and front window shades be bought seperately? Just checking options....

I am in for the quilted shades 80 series full set! Just let me know where to send the money via pay pal!

Are 100 third row screens available? Can just the front windshield and front window shades be bought seperately? Just checking options....
The only 3rd-row window screens are NOT available.
Out of all the LC's the 80 is the only one with the 3rd-row option available since A)It has the sliding windows and B) I provided my truck as a sample/template for them, which ended up a different design than the factory Toyota screens.

And the shades are available for the front windows and the rear windows, meaning the windshield and the DS/PS windows as a set and the 2nd-row/3-rd row windows with the rear/hatch glass, as the rear set.

LMK if you'd want to get either the front or the rear set only, instead of the complete set.

I am in for the quilted shades 80 series full set! Just let me know where to send the money via pay pal!

I will compose a list of those who have expressed interest, even after I mentioned the price above, in the next post and ass-u-me you're committed.

Thanks!

Mot

Here is the official list:

The bug screens (7 pairs, total):
LC80: Slowerthanu (2nd & 3rd rows)
LC80: breathed (2nd & 3rd rows)
LC80: Grizzley (2nd row)
LC80: Arvin G. (2nd row)
LC80: Dr Gil (2nd row)

The quilted window shades (7 sets, total):
LC80: mjbcmt (Front & Rear Set: w/high-mount LED brake light)
LO80: Slowerthanu (Front & Rear)
LC80: gtfour43(Front Only)
LC80: Grizzley (Front Only)
LC100: gtfour43(Front Only)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom