Window screens for 80/100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mot

Threads
[UPDATE: 5/19/09]

I can get the window bug screens or quited shades for the following makes/models.

The reason I mention is that by ordering in bulk 1-2, 3-9, 10+, I can get them cheaper from the manufacturer. (Not combining the screens and shades though).

It doesn't matter whether they're for the same rig or completely different vehicles.

Let me know if there are any interests!

Anyway, here is the list of vehicles that I can get the bug screens for the 2nd-row windows for:

Toyota/Lexus:
Land Cruiser 80/100/70(Long)
Prado (70/90/95/120 Long)
4Runner/Surf (130/180/210)
RAV4 (5dr: 1994-2000)

Nissan:
Xterra (T31)
Pathfinder (D21 & R50)

Mitsubishi:
Delica (Starwagon, Space Gear)
Montero/Pajefo (V45/75/95 5dr)

Isuzu:
Trooper (1991-2002: 5dr)

Honda
CR-V (1995-2001)

Mazda
MPV (2006-)

Also available on the Chevy Astro (1993-2005)

And here's the list for the quilted window shades:

Toyota/Lexus
Land Cruiser (60/70(Long)/80/100/200)
Prado (70 Long; 90/95 Short; 120 Long 5dr)
4Runner/Surf (130/180/210)
RAV4 (1994-2000: 5dr)
RX (1997-)

Nissan
Xterra (T30/T31 5dr)
Pathfinder (D21/R50)
Safari (Y60/Y61 5dr)
Murano (2004-2008)

Mitsubishi
Montero (V25/V45/V65/V75/V95)
Montero Sport (1996-2001)
Delica (Star Wagon/Space Gear)

Isuzu
Trooper (1991-2002)
Rodeo/Wizard (1995-2000)

Honda
CR-V (1995-2006)
Odyssey (1999-2004)

Mazda
MPV (1989-)

Subaru
Legacy (BF/BG/BH/BP)

Also available on some of these makes/models (Please inquire years, etc...)

Chevy Astro
Ford Explorer/Econoline
Dodge Ram
Hyunday SRX

Currently I have two sets of the 2nd-row window bug screens for the LC80/100 left in stock. I'm selling them for $80, plus shipping ($28 via express air to the US: 1 week, online tracking, insured).

After those are sold the price would depend on the quantity ordered.

For example if I order only 1-2, then your cost will be about $119, plus shipping.
If I can order 3-9 pairs then it would be $109, plus shipping. If I can order the same quantity as I did my last order, 10, then it would be $95, plus shipping.

I guess the $80 that I've been selling these for is a heavily discounted price, especially now that the US$ is considerably weaker now than before.

The current price for the window shades (for all windows, including windshield and hatch) would be about $295, plus shipping for one set. $20 less for 3-9 sets. More than 10 would be $50 cheaper, at $245-ish.

Again, these can be divided up among different models and makes, shared with your local club members, etc...

Let me know if I can assist you make your in-truck sleeping experience a little (A LOT) more comfortable this summer!

[/UPDATE]

[Original Post Below]

I am getting six sets of window (insect) screens for 80/100 for their 2nd-row windows.

These are the same screens that were talked about by EDPA (Mike) awhile ago in this thread.
You can open/close the windows while they're in place and also drive with them without removing them, as well.

They are manufactured by a reputable shop here in Japan, so the quality is top-notch.
They fold when not in use and are made of heat resistent ABS (90-95 degrees Celsius)

I will post a few pics that Mike had posted in the thread until I get them in next Wed. and test them next Sat. when going to the annual 80's gathering, by Mt. Fuji.

As I said, I'm only getting six and they're good for either 80 or 100 series. If there's enough interest, I can get more.

The cost would be $80US, plus shipping.

Please let me know if there's any interest!

Mot
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
Window shades

I am also going to test quilted/insulated window shades for all six windows, windshield and the rear window.

They are supposed to keep the interior of the rig cool during summer and warm during winter. Offer good protection from potential thieves when leaving the rig unattended for extended period of time as well.

If I like the way they perform, I will consider carrying them as well. These, along with the screens mentioned above, can be had for other SUV's as well. So please inquire if you are curious.

I'll post a pic of the shades (not taken in the LC). I'll try to take pics next Sat. and report back.

They are both/all vehicle specific, so they should fit perfectly on each vehicle and their windows.

Window shadesb.jpg

Update

I've had a chance/time to install one myself last weekend:

Pic 1: Package

Pic 2: Out of package

Pic 3: Unfolded
PICT0029b.jpg
PICT0030b.jpg
PICT0033b.jpg

Pic 1: First, install the bottom piece at the bottom of the window frame. This strip has a velcro(sp) piece.

Pic 2: From the back side

Pic 3: Different angle

PICT0034b.jpg
PICT0035b.jpg
PICT0038b.jpg

Pic 1: Receiving-end of the velcro

Pic 2: Close-up

Pic 3: Installed

Actually, you have to install the screen part first by flexing the screen, into the window rails. Then push it up so it is as far up as it goes before putting the velcro piece at the bottom. Then put the velcro pieces together. After that, carefully roll(?) up the window so the screen piece doesn't catch. Once the glass is passed that velcro point, then you can roll up/down the windows just fine.

The hinge part flexes when the window goes passed that, but it operates without any drama.
PICT0039b.jpg
PICT0040b.jpg
PICT0041b.jpg

Pic 1: Close-up shot of the window rail/weather strip(?)

Pic 2: Where the velcro piece needs to go in

Pic 3: Up-close, put it under the middle finger (You can see glass between the middle finger and the index finger)

PICT0045b.jpg
PICT0046b.jpg
PICT0047b.jpg

More pics (I didn't wet the bed!):

I sold two screens at the 80's meeting over the weekend.
Another pair has been reserved for a Mudder. So I have three left (for now).

My family and I slept in the rig with the screens and the shades installed over the weekend by Mt. Fuji (No shades installed for the screened windows). And I honestly don't think I could have survived without them because it was HOT with the windows open and there were bugs (lot's of them!).

Anyway, let me know if anyone's interested!

Mot
PICT0048b.jpg
PICT0050b.jpg
PICT0052b.jpg

While the iron is hot...

These are the pics of the window shades that are designed for the 80 (other models' are also available):

Pic 1: With my senior sales rep.:D

Pic 2: Windshield

Pic 3: with the right-side window

PICT0006b.jpg
PICT0008b.jpg
PICT0007b.jpg

Pic 1: 3rd-row window

Pic 2: The other side

Pic 3: Interior

PICT0009b.jpg
PICT0011b.jpg
PICT0010b.jpg

Pic 1: Frontal view

Pic 2: Side

Pic 3: Rear

The shades fit perfectly and to be honest, they worked almost too well. I think the cabin would have stayed much cooler if it weren't for the shades.:D But the fit and finish were perfect. If you ever have to have privacy while camping, parking long term away from home, or want to stay warm in colder climate while sleeping in the rig, these shades would be great additions! (End sales pitch)

As always, thanks for checking and let me know if any of you're interested in these as well.

Mot ;)
PICT0014b.jpg
PICT0015b.jpg
PICT0016b.jpg

BTW, this is where I went camping:D ...

PICT0002b.jpg

Way cool products again Mot. How did you fit four people in the rig for sleeping?
When my cruiser fund is full again I'll be calling you about the screens and window covers. How much for the covers, I didn't notice if you had put a price for those on your thread.
When we went to Hope we sure could have used the screans as huge horse flies got into the truck and they bite:mad:
It would have helped with the condensation the one time we all did sleep in the truck.
If not sooner I will call by Oct when our dividends come out, some of that money should be mine right?:crybaby:
Oh by the way you have a very hansome assistant, I bet you are proud.:cheers:
Steven

Steven,

Thanks for the compliment!

loquito said:
How did you fit four people in the rig for sleeping?
We had to sleep sideways to fit all of us in there. And let me tell you, it wasn't cozy for the wife and me. But the boys did not have any problems with it.:D

loquito said:
When my cruiser fund is full again I'll be calling you about the screens and window covers. How much for the covers, I didn't notice if you had put a price for those on your thread.
When we went to Hope we sure could have used the screans as huge horse flies got into the truck and they bite:mad:
It would have helped with the condensation the one time we all did sleep in the truck.
Let me know when you're ready!
Mine does not have the high-mount 3rd brake light in the rear so there isn't a cut-out for it, but if yours does, then let me know so I can order the correct one for you.

I had to undo the suction cups on the rear/tailgate glass where I was sleeping so I could feel some cold air seeping in from the window (the insulation worked pretty well).

Because of the screens, we didn't have to worry about any uninvited guests coming in as we slept. ;)

loquito said:
I will call by Oct when our dividends come out, some of that money should be mine right?:crybaby:
Oh by the way you have a very hansome assistant, I bet you are proud.:cheers:
Hey, you work it out with your Ministry of Finance. :D

And thanks, I AM proud of my assistants (even the one not pictured here).

Oh, I almost forgot...
The shades are $260 for all the 8 pieces of glass in the 80 and other SUV's), plus shipping. But if I can get 3-6 guys then I can get them $20 cheaper ($240) and with 7 or more sets, the cost goes down $20 more (so that's $220), plus shipping.

Since the screens are cheaper I got 7 of them to get the maximum discount from the manufacturer, so I can't give any further discount. :frown:

But they don't weigh much, so the shipping cost should not be bad at all!

Anyway, let me know what you think and when (not if :grinpimp: ) you're ready!

Hope all is well with you and your family!

Yours,

Mot

Just sold another pair of the screens so I now only have two new sets and the used set that are shown in the pics.

Let me know if anybody's interested!

Mot

One new set and the used set left...

I'll take off $5 for the used set if that motivates anyone.

And my estimate on shipping (from the US) is $10.
It shouldn't cost any more than that, but IF it does, I'll cover the difference.

Thanks, as always, for looking.

BTW, I'll probably be getting more after my trip to the US, so these won't be the last ones, really. :D

Oooops! I better be hitting the sack!!! (1:30am)

Mot :crybaby: ;)

OK, all the new sets are sold.

I do have the set that I used just once for taking the above pics (and gone camping one night).

IF there's more interest I'll get more in upon my return from the US, in about a month.

Mot

Thanks for the screens Mot!!! Those things are sweeeeet!

I also appreciated the instructions here on Mud that you gave since the instructions that came with it are in Japanese. I will be using them on the TLCA McGrew run this weekend. I will install them at the camp because there is too much brush that will be dragging against the rig on the way in, I don't want to damage the screens. Install time for first try was about 90 seconds.

Do they make these for 60's is my next question?

Hey!

Great to hear that they made it there w/o breaking (I was a bit nervous about the packing job; never tried it before).

I hope you'll get some good use out of them!

Also, the screens are not available for the 60:frown: , but the shades are:grinpimp: .

I'll look around and see if there are other companies that do manufacture them for the 60.

Thanks again!

Mot :crybaby:

TOY350 said:
Thanks for the screens Mot!!! Those things are sweeeeet!

I also appreciated the instructions here on Mud that you gave since the instructions that came with it are in Japanese. I will be using them on the TLCA McGrew run this weekend. I will install them at the camp because there is too much brush that will be dragging against the rig on the way in, I don't want to damage the screens. Install time for first try was about 90 seconds.

Do they make these for 60's is my next question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom