Window Modification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SCY

Threads
I have a 75 and would like to do some modifications that would allow either the side or back windows of the hardtop to open. Either a slider or a knock out window. Has anybody ever done this? I haven’t seen any such changes online or any of our forums.

I have a 75 and would like to do some modifications that would allow either the side or back windows of the hardtop to open. Either a slider or a knock out window. Has anybody ever done this? I haven’t seen any such changes online or any of our forums.
I have sliders for my '70 FJ-40 that I purchased from Specter many years ago. You might contact them.

I have the same ventilation issue on my 76. Been toying with the idea to try something like this on my rear ambulance doors but was concerned about sucking in exhaust fumes or looking like an abomination. Definitely seen some creativity from FJ40 owners out there. Anyone ever attempt something similar to this old Chevy van on a 40?

fotor_1659228124256.jpg

I'm running an '81 hardtop with kick-out rear windows. These were stock on '78ish and newer 40 series in North America.

DSC_0201.jpg

Here's an old picture from before I'd fit the hatch. Between the vent windows in the front doors and the rear kick out windows, summer driving is much more bearible. The rears also help reduce condensation on the rear windows in winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom