Window channel/guide install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the slow squeaky driver side window. I purchased 6815160032 to replace the window channel but i cant find any information on the install process. I've taken off the door panels and ive done the door lock actuators so im familiar with removing the panel and such.

What do i do after that? Do i start pulling out the window channel does the window itself have to come out? Do I need any special glue?

Edit: Warning do not move the window up and down without the glass or you have to take it all apart again to get the pinch feature working correctly.

Last edited:
no it goes right in, window out not necessary but makes it easier if you have big hands. No glue.

no it goes right in, window out not necessary but makes it easier if you have big hands. No glue.

ok great so only need to remove the door panel?

yes
on the fronts. I haven't done the rears. It is a good time to clean the glass all the way though.

I just finished the install, very straight forward. I removed the window and learned its not a big deal to remove.

The auto up function thinks the window is getting jammed when it hits the top of the frame. It looks like the top corners of the window guide are real tight causing the auto up to come back down. Like the seal is real tight.

Any way to adjust the window jamming sensitivity?

momentarily remove the negative battery cable and reset/retry. Should go up tight.

Removed neg cable and tried up and down a few times and the pinch feature keeps activating right near the close. I tried holding it up or down for 5 seconds then the window just stopped working all together for 30 seconds.

I need to find the reset procedure. Hopefully i dont need to open the door panel back up just to adjust the pinch feature.

I'm sorry, surely someone else has had that problem. I don't know the reset procedure.

Did you run the motor with window removed?

Ya i can the motor up and down and lubed up the assembly. I never removed the motor from the regulator.

Ya i can the motor up and down and lubed up the assembly. I never removed the motor from the regulator.

From the link above.

HINT: It is necessary to reset the power window motor (in initial position for the limit switch) when separating the window regulator from the power window motor or operating the window regulator with the door glass not installed.

From the link above.

HINT: It is necessary to reset the power window motor (in initial position for the limit switch) when separating the window regulator from the power window motor or operating the window regulator with the door glass not installed.

Ahhhh damnit what a mistake. I have to take out the entire assembly and remove the motor and do the reset process now right?

May be not take out the entire assembly. You just need the motor out to do the dances they want you to do, then re-install. Those instructions work for both front and rear windows.

Ok thanks ill do dig into the door again tomorrow and report back.

Since im pulling out the window regulator assembly im going to clean it up some more. Is it ok to use wheel bearing grease to lube it up?

The reset procedure worked and everything is greased up. Thanks all!

Warning do not move the window up and down without the glass or you have to take it all apart again to get the pinch feature working correctly.

To clarify, what was used to grease the linkages? Also did you notice a difference by just changing the runs?

I was thinking of changing out the regulators because all of my windows are super slow but am now wondering if greasing everything and replacing the runs would be sufficient. I would think replacing runs, regulators and motors would definitely solve it buts overkill and way too much money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom