Why wont it start? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The battery reads 12.6 with a multimeter,
Any suggestions on any particular fuses I should check first before I replace the starter.
Lets see a picture of the terminal you just installed.

Can you confirm dash board/ lights / etc. all work?

Then you turn the key and nothing happens?

I don't have much experience with the starter circuit but I would think if you have a multimeter you could probably probe around at the starter relay or something to confirm it's getting power before diving into a starter replacement

The battery reads 12.6 with a multimeter,
Any suggestions on any particular fuses I should check first before I replace the starter.
Pick any fuse inside the fuse box and check the voltage between ground terminal on the battery and a terminal on that fuse. If this shows less than 12.6 V, the issue is further up. Report back.

tempImagej7O3eG.jpg

Still, get one click when I turn the key to start, I pulled the 30 amp relay, for the starter, and got no click when I tried to start it.

Still, get one click when I turn the key to start, I pulled the 30 amp relay, for the starter, and got no click when I tried to start it.
Can you confirm dash board lights up and everything is getting power with key on

Yes it all sounds and looks normal right up until the 1 click.I tried to post a video of me trying to start it but I cant figure out how to do it

If it were the starter you probably wouldn't be getting the click, I'm still thinking just bad battery. You said you jumped it from another running vehicle? Not one of those jump pack things.

New battery terminal doesn't look tight to me.
Right ?...compared to the negative side which visually is fully clamped down .
@Gavone1976 if you grab the positive side and just wiggle it, is it loose at all ?

Get an OEM terminal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom