Why is choosing tyres so difficult? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having spent hours reading all have pros and cons - just cant decide. Am looking at the following three tyres:

Yokohama Geolander GO15
Toyo Open Country AT Plus
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S

Usage = daily driver / motorway / cross the Pyrenees... and UK greenlaning (non mud)

Any preferences / stories if you were buying?

Thanks

I will add another, unless you have already discounted it, Nitto Ridge Grappler. It is slightly more aggressive than what you listed but has really good reviews and is supposed to be quiet. I just ordered a set yesterday.

I had the Cooper AT3's on my Dodge Durango and I liked them. They are wearing well and had good all around traction (snow, light mud, dirt, rocks, dry, wet). Any noise they made was less than the wind noise of the the truck. I gave that truck to my brother last weekend and the tires still look pretty good.

Falken AT3W, Nitto Terra Grappler, Nitto Ridge Grappler. All great on and off road with varying degrees of traction in the soup.

Just went through this myself. It's so difficult because reviews from individuals vary so greatly, from "Best tire ever, outlasted the truck, helped me stop smoking, and saved my dad's life!!!" - to - "Worst tire ever, wore out before I got out of the tire shop parking lot, stole my wallet, and gave me herpes". If you find professional reviews and comparisons on YouTube, they only test brand new tires for a short run. I narrowed down to Toyo Open Country AT's and Kumho Road Venture AT51's. I liked the longevity of the Toyo's, but in the end their long-lasting compound meant poorer performance across the board. I ride motorcycle in the Summer, so I don't need these to last 65,000 miles, they'll be dry rotted way before then. So I ended up with the Kumho's. I live in Ohio, drive 99.999% of the time on pavement, tow a camper, and see decent snowfall. I think these are a perfect match for my needs, plus they were only $504 shipped to my door.

Happy Hunting!!!

The Toyo Open Country AT2 is a good all-around tire. They are quiet on the highway but aggressive off the road.

TOYO AT2 is going to be my choice. Loved my Toyo open country MT on my landrover. AT2s seem to have more siping for snow.