Why don't people like to save money on cruiser parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arcteryx

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.cruiseryard.com
Hopefully this won't get ugly :)

As many know, I sell land cruiser parts. I have offered an online 10% MUD discount code for most parts since i put the website up 1.5 years ago, however, the # of people that use it is an abysmal 5% of my orders, if that. Why? People are always looking to save money, I just don't understand why more mudders dont want to save money. I've advertised it numerous times as well. Maybe they forget about it? I've gotten to the point that I am thinking about removing it because no one uses it.

Before someone asks, here it is again- WOODY10 (Just a way to pay some respect to the man)

To be perfectly honest with you 90% of the time I forget about you. Unfortunately you have some stiff competition. I kind of wonder if lots of people are either just too busy right now to buy or too broke. I am pretty good friends with someone else who is very popular on this board who owns his own shop selling aftermarket parts etc. He is in the same boat as you are. According to him I am one of his better customers from the Toyota side of business. The jeep and landrover guys apparently spend money hand over fist! I may have spent a whopping total of $300 with him so far!

I bought something from you.

@the gimpey one, I realize there is competition, which is good, however, I am not sure I would call it stiff. There are about less than 10 places/guys that sell used land cruiser parts in volume on a regular basis, and most of us are chummy with each other and help each other out. Now, I do sell some new stuff, like ARB, and yes, that is definitely stiff competition there, lots and lots of vendors selling the same brands!!

@tag3 I appreciate the order! My question/intent of this, though, was why dont people use the coupon code to save money, not why dont people order from me. I've built up a good (repeat) customer base, so no issues there. I put the discount code out there as a thank you to woody and this great forum that I've been a member of for 10 years as well as to the members that make this community so great.

Anyway, thanks for the input, enjoy your weekend.

Jason - For what it's worth, I do check you site and postings on the board when I'm looking for something. I do forget sometimes about your coupon. Maybe put it in your signature line? Shipping usually is the killer for me. Appreciate what you do for the community.

When I think Toyota I think of Landcruisers, Tacoma's and pickups. However, when I go to my Toyota dealer the Landcruiser is the red-headed step child (no offense intended if you fit this description) and I've since realized they are obscure in the overall scale of retail sales. The various models of landcruisers seem to fade in desirability between the latest and greatest model to Yuppy leftovers then all of the sudden there are so few left and its a classic! The rust free fj60 is a good example of this. Then you factor in that most folks who make 60 to 100k a year are less likely to buy an old beater 'cruiser and fix it up vs. buying a new one, bolting on a few parts and go use it. The the rest of the folks down below that level are still waiting for the economic recovery kick in.
Another factor is that Rovers and Jeeps may need more upgrades and maintenance items, I've never owned one but that is the rumor! As for my rigs I'm replacing parts that have lasted 200k and well there are a lot of vendors out there and I just look for the best, least expensive and closest deal.

I didn't know about the coupon code either. Putting it in your Sig line is a good idea though.

sig updated! thanks for the suggestion/feedback

Jason .. 99% of time if I need something I will look first on MUD .. happen you have that item I'm looking for, I drop you mail and will probably set the hole transaction by mail and not in your website then putting aside the coupon benefit ..

That's what happen in my case ..

Jason, I've bought a couple of things from you, most recently that LX450 b pillar trim panel (which I unfortunately ruined with my new heat gun testing its ability to remove scratches in plastic - :doh:).

I also didn't know about the Mud discount code. Glad you're adding it to your sig line.

And do you have another RH lower b pillar perchance? :)

I didn't use it cause I forgot to check if you had one when I bought my spare rear shaft a couple weeks back

@etarasoff man, sorry to hear this Eric. Let me check to see if I have another.

Well, I am glad I put it in the sig line. Good advice, thanks fellas.

I am glad I stumbled across this thread. I put a wanted ad up and got a very high priced offer for a part. Cruiseryard was less so I went with CY.

Frank

Crap there was a code?!! Could of used that early last year when I ordered some parts!!

Just used the code!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom