Who’s running the Holley sniper 2300 and is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bumping an old thread because I can't find anything online......does anyone know if the Sniper 2300 has the same issues as the Sniper 4 barrel, which were supposedly improved with the Sniper 2, or if there is a Sniper 2 2300 planned with the same improvements?
What problems? There is the Holley sniper 2GC.

What problems? There is the Holley sniper 2GC.
The Sniper 2 fixes RF interference from older ignition systems, cleans up the wiring, and a few other updates, but that's only the 4 barrel version. I haven't seen anything about a Sniper 2 for the other variations.

Sniper 2GC just refers to the EFI version of the Rochester 2GC carb. The 2300 is the one that most everyone uses for FJ40 conversions....that's why I was asking.

I have installed 25 or so on Cruisers. Great and easy.

99% of the problems people have with Snipers is bad inputs.
Agreed.....the Sniper system is awesome, and I will 100% be installing one on my 40 in the (budget permitting) near future. I was just curious about the Sniper 2 improvements, if the 2300 would be getting an update soon.

I've reached out to Holley customer service as well but have not yet received a reply.

The Sniper 2 fixes RF interference from older ignition systems, cleans up the wiring, and a few other updates, but that's only the 4 barrel version. I haven't seen anything about a Sniper 2 for the other variations.

Sniper 2GC just refers to the EFI version of the Rochester 2GC carb. The 2300 is the one that most everyone uses for FJ40 conversions....that's why I was asking.
Gotcha. I think some are running the 2GC on the F and 2F. I’m running the 2300 and haven’t run into any particular problems. I did have an issue with getting the iac to work properly. That is resolved with the replacement of the whole efi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom