who's NOT running BFGs or MT/R's?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got the Yokohama AT, they actually have a pretty open tread pattern with the two open channels that run down the middle, not good for wet clay or silt, but they excel everywhere else that I have taken them (ice, mud, sand, rock, all that good stuff)

Kumho Venture MT. I got to tell you, these tires are very underrated. I got about 30,000 miles on them and they still have about 40% tread left on them and I do a lot of highway driving. The sidewalls seem almost impossible to puncture and they dig nicely in mud. They also handle excellent in snow and rain. My only complaint with them is that they do get a little loud after they start wearing but for the price and quality I don't think I will be buing any other tire.

check out www.tires.com

FREE SHIPPING!!!! and they have $$$ back on some tires

I just ordered a set of 285/75.16 MTRS delivered for $630 FWIW :cheers:

Just checked out that site and they don't have the Khumo truck tires??? You got a special connection?

nikos8 said:
Kumho Venture MT. I got to tell you, these tires are very underrated. I got about 30,000 miles on them and they still have about 40% tread left on them and I do a lot of highway driving. The sidewalls seem almost impossible to puncture and they dig nicely in mud. They also handle excellent in snow and rain. My only complaint with them is that they do get a little loud after they start wearing but for the price and quality I don't think I will be buing any other tire.

We've been more than satisfied with our Kumho Venture MT's. Very strong, not too quiet (especially when worn), and a good mix of streetable and trail worthy. Ours carried a very heavy 60 through every type of terrain for over a year. They are still on a 40 now, though they are getting pretty close to dead with about 60K on them.

The only thing I didn't like (other than the noise) was that they don't have much apparent sidewall reinforcement. Having said that- we only tore one sidewall and that was absolutely user-error. The tire still holds air! But it has a big flap of rubber hanging off of the sidewall so I don't trust it.

Good tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom