Who makes this bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the end, the alum is not as strong as steel. But for what most 95% of us do, it is perfect. A 3/16" steel bumper that weighs 160# can be remade with 1/4" alum for 80#, that's great especially if yours is a DD. Plus it won't ever rust, one less thing you have to touch up. It's ideal for people wanting to carry a winch without adding 200# to the front of their bumper. Also holds up great in animal strikes and basic accidents.

But keep in mind if your scraping over rocks all the time you'll probably want to go with steel. On tough rocks alum is more likely to dent and gouge.

Nailed it.

The winch tray will have to be steel, regular alum won't handle that.

Optional Bolt-On tray will be steel.

Did a search on thread for tow points, no dice.

Are there any tow points currently on the bumper?

If not, can tow points be added as an option?

Thanks in advance!

Optional steel Tow Points will be available, potentially intergrated.

N,

I'm going to say 1200-1500 AND that is extremely fair for a quality made aluminum front bumper.

J

Can't talk about that til I get my Vendor subscription in place. Stay tuned.

N,

I'm going to say 1200-1500 AND that is extremely fair for a quality made aluminum front bumper.

J
100%.
I spent over $400 just on a ladder from Aluminess, if I could get a bumper for $1200-$1500 I'm in. I skipped a bumper on my van bc they were over $2K.

I was consumed with the Grand Prix of Scottsdale (vintage kart race) this weekend. Will get back to it asap.

More progress...

tmp_3706-IMAG24961356955042.jpg

tmp_3706-IMAG24921514511733.jpg

All smoothed out...

tmp_13731-IMAG2500-819580361.jpg

tmp_13731-IMAG2498-86372950.jpg

tmp_13731-IMAG2497-953501050.jpg

Currently a 3 piece bumper (Center section+outer wings +Grade 8 hardware). Couple details I'd like to change, otherwise happy with the results.

OK, gentlemen. I've got my Vendor Subscription in place. I feel privileged to give back to the single most helpful website I've ever visited. Thanks Woody!

Here's the skinny on the front bumper. Introductory pricing will be $1100 (unpainted, including hardware) + shipping.

Powdercoat or body color matching will be available at additional cost (Price to be determined).

Winch Fairlead Window included, Steel winch tray available at addition cost (price to be determined, can be added anytime).

Turn Signal Windows optional (Will source turnsignal assemblies as discussed earlier in thread, price to be determined).

Shipping from Phoenix to just about anywhere in the Continental US (via UPS) should be less than $100 due to the lightweight 3 piece design (boxed/no pallet).

Will fit 98-2004 Land Cruiser, need a local LX 470 to finalize body/grill line.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
What turn signals are you thinking would work best on this?

*edit*. Just read previous talk about it.

Last edited:
Questions (excuse if already answered):
1. estimate on weight?
2. previously talked about tow points?
3. any provision for high-lift jacking points?
4. costing/weight of grill/light bush guards (those "full face" ARB style guards).

Very excited based on above....late xmas present to self????

OK, gentlemen. I've got my Vendor Subscription in place. I feel privileged to give back to the single most helpful website I've ever visited. Thanks Woody!

Here's the skinny on the front bumper. Introductory pricing will be $1100 (unpainted, including hardware) + shipping.

Powdercoat or body color matching will be available at additional cost (Price to be determined).

Winch Fairlead Window included, Steel winch tray available at addition cost (price to be determined, can be added anytime).

Turn Signal Windows optional (Will source turnsignal assemblies as discussed earlier in thread, price to be determined).

Shipping from Phoenix to just about anywhere in the Continental US (via UPS) should be less than $100 due to the lightweight 3 piece design (boxed/no pallet).

Will fit 98-2004 Land Cruiser, need a local LX 470 to finalize body/grill line.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Hope someone will step up with the LX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom