Who carries TJM front bumpers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
there are local dealers here in Houston and San Antonio. Do people just usually go that route?
If you have one who did you source through??

Extreme Landcruiser said he had 6 arriving....two unspoken for. But wanted money wired to Cali.

Has anyone dealt with them? I prefer using a credit card sometimes just for insurance.....know what I mean? Maybe I'm wrong. But all the questions I ask went repeatedly unanswered.....they only sent me an invoice and wiring instructions.....so it did not exactly inspire confidence.

I haven't dealt with them - but your instincts are there for a reason. If it feels weird - then I wouldn't do it. They may be a legitimate source, but if they can't inspire confidence then I'd walk away. Wiring money leaves you no recourse from what I understand....

yep that was my response to the invoice and wiring instructions...."wiring leaves me no recourse."
After that they never responded. :)))

Call TJM direct. They have a rep in socal
As him sbout your best options and go from there. @Markuson what path did you take for placing your TJM front bumper

Two different people
Ryan is the owner of extreme landcruisers. The TJM rep is a factory rep and not affiliated with ryan

I'll go back to the TJM site ....start from square one again. Thanks

@Markuson has one on order. Ive tagged him twice on here so once California wakes up im sure he'll reply

Not even TJM has TJM bumpers to supply o_O

Seriously though... I too live down here in SD and started calling TJM about 6 months ago, always the same response, some are on a ship on their way, get on the list. Well... I'm pretty sure I'm on the list too but never a call. Don't think Markuson has had any luck either. But still, call them direct and inquire, it's been a month or two since I last reached out. Maybe things have changed.

In that case I am not wasting my time. There are other choices that will work for me....so it is not important

Coming from the Tacoma world where there are TONs of American made armor fab shops it seems strange that their isn't at least one shop making 200 series bumpers and armor. Instead the only choice seems to be Chinese made bumpers which is disappointing.

Hopefully Slee and CBI can fill the void for American made bumpers and Bud-Built (the BEST armor short of Bay Area metal fab) can step up for skid plates.

I'd love to keep my money state side rather than paying $1500+ for a $500 bumper.

yeah no kidding. I almost ask him if he was a moron...or thought I was. :))

I also don't wire money to Nigeria to pay simple fees to claim $100 million that is waiting for me.....

@Markuson has one on order. Ive tagged him twice on here so once California wakes up im sure he'll reply

Yes. According to TJM (which is not headquartered here in San Diego)...he said he has 5 on the way and 3 are spoken for. So you might have a shot at grabbing one, though I don't know exactly which is in the shipment with mine. I'm getting the T13, which is the same as @Willy beamin and @MScruiser run on their beefy rigs.

Call TJM direct. They have a rep in socal
As him sbout your best options and go from there. @Markuson what path did you take for placing your TJM front bumper

Need to talk to Wes Carter at TJM.

On the other hand...I still don't have the bumper on my truck or in my garage...!

yes I was getting the T13 also. But I'm not waiting forever for one. I perfectly happy with something else as long as it takes a winch. I like the T13 but there are other choices.

yes I was getting the T13 also. But I'm not waiting forever for one. I perfectly happy with something else as long as it takes a winch. I like the T13 but there are other choices.

Ya, I understand. If I wasn't mostly out of commission for the last 6+ months (injury), I might have given up by now... If the end of this month comes and it is once again "delayed" for another month...I might give up and do a light-modded ARB from @sleeoffroad . But I'd like to go TJM. We'll see...

Last edited:
surprise, surprise....the guy just sent me an e mail and said a credit card is fine. Just needs to be by phone. He has a container arriving 4/22
So guess I'll take one. $1499 + $185 shipping to Texas in 4 days. Weird things do happen......

congrats...... I don't regret my Dobinson's but like the lines a bit more on the TJM.

E

I was about to go with Dobinson's also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom