White Knuckle Off Road MUD Sale (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can't wait to get mine est. 4 more weeks!

Edit:

What are you guys putting on top to make it a more non skid surface?

New Edit :

Anyone regret going with or not going with diamond plating? I don't have kids for the rear gap and was thinking of using 3m tape to make non skid. I don't particularly like the look of the diamond plating but is the functionality that much higher?

Last edited:

Edit:

New Edit :

Anyone regret going with or not going with diamond plating? I don't have kids for the rear gap and was thinking of using 3m tape to make non skid. I don't particularly like the look of the diamond plating but is the functionality that much higher?
I just got mine and installed it
20200812_185157.jpg
20200812_185147.jpg
myself in my drive way using my factory Fzj80 tire jack. I am going to use skateboard grip tape for traction on the sliders.

Edit:

New Edit :

I'm one of those who wished to have the plate at the beginning, for the family, and to make it's safer to step on the slide. Still brainstorming to find an economic way to cover the loops.

Any specials for ih8mud members this month
They give a 5 percent discount I believe all the time for mud - you may have to call in I spoke with Natalie she is cool.

Mine were gonna be ready next week then I added diamond plating so I've got to wait a little longer.

yeah - just bought a set with MUDMEMBER18 I think... It's in this thread.

Didn't see a note on how long they'll be, but with covid I'm pretty patient (since i'm asking folks to be patient with me....)

now you can spaz out about how to paint them like i am

Clean with acetone then rustoleum primer/paint. No need to spaz out keep it simple.

I avoided powder coat because thats too nice for the intended use of sliders. I would end up babying them and be worried about scratches. Rattle can paint job and touch up anytime.

Going to throw some grip tape on them as well.

I’ve had my sliders on for a while now and they have performed great.

On the question of adding traction tape to the top. My experience is if you have individuals who are vertically challenged and tend to slide out of the truck when they egress, the traction tape will cause some discomfort.

In my case it was a string of vulgarities of my choice in sliders.

ymmv

I’ve had my sliders on for a while now and they have performed great.

On the question of adding traction tape to the top. My experience is if you have individuals who are vertically challenged and tend to slide out of the truck when they egress, the traction tape will cause some discomfort.

In my case it was a string of vulgarities of my choice in sliders.

ymmv

Hi Rick,

I've had traction tape on my sliders for years and also slide out of the cab but never has the tape caught my legs. What may be the difference is that I split the 2" wide tape to 1" and fix it to the top apex of the rail.

Thanks!
John

Hi Rick,

I've had traction tape on my sliders for years and also slide out of the cab but never has the tape caught my legs. What may be the difference is that I split the 2" wide tape to 1" and fix it to the top apex of the rail.

Thanks!
John
That could be it. But if the wife was to see that stuff on there it wouldn’t be good.

Anyone know for a 100 series, I have a ome lift but what does body lift mean? When ordering

This won’t be very helpful, but I received my White Knuckle sliders (for a gx470, with KDSS) yesterday.
Only had time to un-box them today...
These are beefy and beautiful! Great welds, quality powder coating, just really nice.
Very happy I went with WK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom