Whirlybird roof vent- greasing or sealed bearings (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Duane

IH8MUD Wookie
Threads
I tried searching this without any luck so... does anyone know what type of grease(and how to apply it) to use in these things or is it better to just replace with a sealed bearing unit?
whirly bird.jpg

Just this past week I had one removed from my home. Every time a good storm blew through ,the damn thing blew off the stud it rode on. I got tired of climbing up on he roof to reseat it.

google ridge vent it does a much better job of ventilating the attic space, those turbine vents really don't do much and whatever you do don't put trash bags or plastic over those things during the winter

x2 on the ridge vent. I had a roofer help me put one in my old house, he just ran a circular saw along both sides of the ridge and we peeled up the peak. Layed the vent material down and put fresh shingles over it, didn't take long.

google ridge vent it does a much better job of ventilating the attic space, those turbine vents really don't do much and whatever you do don't put trash bags or plastic over those things during the winter

Wow, this is interesting!

ridge vent is the best. if yours are actual whirlybird brand, they do have a lifetime warranty. go get a new one.

It's time to replace my roof and I'm looking into ridge venting. Sure is better than any type of mechanical means of hot air exhausting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom