Which OME Spring to use! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Afternoon Group,

Working with a forum member on a build, but wanted to get some opinions, comments and advice on this.

With the new 2017 LC200:

I am going to install the Icon Coilover Stage 3 or 5, not sure yet, but regardless looking to lift the vehicle give it a more aggressive yet "factory" stance. I am looking to obtain a 2"-2.5" all around lift, so I can fit a 33" Tire either Toyo R/T or Toyo M/T and some of 18" Method Wheels on it, Zero offset.

I wont be carrying any substantial weight at the back, for right now, ill be using the truck for mainly highway use light off-roading. I am looking to also have the truck leveled, and trying to avoid front or rear rake.

I have heard from some people, depending on what OME spring, it would be difficult to match the rear height to the front of the car, or vice versa. What OME do you recommend, in order to get a 2" all around and to "perfectly" level the truck, so it well...sits leveled.

Thanks in advance guys.

2721's for the rear - progressive and smooth.....

Happy to meet up if you want drive a stage 5 truck.

E

rs6tofj80 - can you recommend a good shop in Houston to get an alignment? I live near memorial and plan to upgrade to OME soon. Was going to use a local firestone shop, but figured if you would recommend any place.

I'm a big Icon fan, but I recommend not buying their "stage" packages and buying the individual shocks you want.

What I mean by that decide what type of shock you want, wether a CSDV, non adjustable resi, or simple non resi shock (which I recommend, as I've had all three)

I recommend staying away from stage 4 and 5, because of the control arms. They are wildly overpriced and don't offer anything over even a simple SPC or Total Chaos control arms that are thousands less.

Plus, despite my constant preventative maintenance personality, and living in non road salt areas and plenty of anti seize, all my icon control arm threads seized up. Aluminum threads on control arms that sit just off the frame and exposed to everything is just not a good idea.

Icon control arms look pretty, and if that is what you want, then buy it, they do look great, but functionality and cost, they are a gimmick. I fell into the trap about 8 years ago, hopefully you don't.

rs6tofj80 - can you recommend a good shop in Houston to get an alignment? I live near memorial and plan to upgrade to OME soon. Was going to use a local firestone shop, but figured if you would recommend any place.

I was recommended Sal's Autosport on 290 West just prior to Beltway 8. Several Mud members suggested him. He specializes in alignments that are difficult for very high power vehicles and had no problem with the cruiser. $90 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom