Where to start, Brake lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Krondor

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey Y'all,

I am currently trying to figure out my brake line situation on my '66 Resto-mod. I am swapping to a dual circuit brake cylinder with a brake booster most likely from an FJ80.

The previous owner installed disc brakes from who knows what. I may look at swapping the calipers and rotors to something else... The previous owner was also gracious enough to lose all of the previous brake lines. I was planning on bending my own but without a basis, I am not sure how to accomplish that. There for, I am looking at purchasing a complete stainless brake line set and going to 10mm for everything.

I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on which kit to purchase? Should I go with a kit that fits the '66 or go with a later model and try to alter any of the lines that don't quite line up?

Cheers!
Krondor.

There is another option, make the lines yourself. It is not really difficult with the proper tools.

This is a great flaring tool from Eastwood and a couple others as well

25304infoimage640.jpg

A couple of bending tools, deburring tool and tube cutter and you are golden. Use wire hangers to get your forms and go for it!

Stan

No reason to go stainless. Go NI-cop (nickel copper) instead. Much easier to bend and flare and won’t rust.

-Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom