Where to Eat! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just had a fantastic burger from Poet's II. Wheat bun, hand formed patty, melted cheese and some great bacon.

Sweet Potato fries are really great.

Lot's of burger. Lot's.

Where is PoetsII? How did it compare to Majestic and MugShots?

Damn I love sweet potato fries!

Poets is where it's always been (off and on). Old Mugshots location

A few that come to mind:
-Velvet Cream on 51 in Hernando, a walk up/take it to go place. Great burgers, tots, fries. Good stuff.

-Blue and White Restaurant in Tunica (on 61) has good spaghetti, fried chicken, and buffet on Sunday.

-Como Steakhouse in downtown Como, 2 min off I-55. One of the better steaks I've had. Sausage and cheese tray is awesome too... We go there a good bit for "special" events or dinner with friends.

-Happy Mexican in Memphis, down South of Beale on 2nd. Best mexican I've had, sketchy at night. Don't eat too heavy, because just South of them (take a right at the light on Patterson) is:

-Cheescake Corner. Literally the best cheesecakes you will put in your mouth, featured in Southern Living a few years back. My favorite is the blueberry cheesecake. On corner of WE Patterson and Main.

-Wiseguy's Pizza on 51 in Southaven, just North of Church road. Chicago style, weighs about 5 lbs!

-Harvey's (Tupelo, Starkville, Columbus) fried cheese, fried mushrooms, and steak sammich. I know they're a chain now, but hey, it's still good.

-Papa Vanelli's in Tupelo. Greek/italian fare, great buffet, pizza, etc. Been a while, need to go back.

Yeah, I eat out a lot....

I am not a fan of Mugshots anymore. They and Magestic buy pre-formed frozen patties. Not that I won't eat either....

I agree, although that peanut butter burger is good. My favorite burger in Jackson is Trace Grill in Ridgeland. I always get the bacon cheese burger on jalopeno cheese bun. Defintely not a pre-formed patty.

Places like Mugshots and Bonnie Blairs gave great toppings but they put them on a preformed frozen patty. Really takes a lot away. Roosters and Trace are supposed to be great. I will get on them soon.

Yall know I am a fan of Bonny Blairs (cause is my waterin' hole) but they do have the best Ruben in this town! Had one last night with a few brewsiks.

headed to NOLA Friday for a food fest...... Arnauds...any body heard of it?Arnaud’s Restaurant | Serving Creole Cuisine in the Heart of the New Orleans French Quarter since 1918

Going there with the family. We will be in town all weekend doing wedding stuff for my little brother. Central Grocery Muffolettas and beignets at Cafe du Monde are always a must for Saturday breakfast and lunch and the open air market while getting loaded:cheers: are on the agenda after taking the wife to the zoo.
If you get a chance hit up Jocques Imo's on Oak uptown Jacques-Imo's Cafe - Real Nawlin' Food - Creole Soul will be well worth your time if you want a flair of a local neighborhood eatery...Also might want to hit up Liuzza's by the racetrack. Cold Goblets of beer and their signature BBQ poorboy (french bread is bored out and the bbq shrimp is poored in, truly a 1 handed poorboy) is legit. If you are limited to the quarter give Johnnys Poor Boys a shot--and of course Mothers for Breakfast--Have a great trip to the city--

headed to NOLA Friday for a food fest...... Arnauds...any body heard of it?Arnaud’s Restaurant | Serving Creole Cuisine in the Heart of the New Orleans French Quarter since 1918

Going there with the family. We will be in town all weekend doing wedding stuff for my little brother. Central Grocery Muffolettas and beignets at Cafe du Monde are always a must for Saturday breakfast and lunch and the open air market while getting loaded:cheers: are on the agenda after taking the wife to the zoo.

Close to the Zoo is Cooter Browns. Think Cherokee with more beers and tv's.

Cooter Brown's Tavern, Grill & Oyster Bar - A New Orleans Classic!!

Just before Zoo on Magazine is a Cottonland Fav. Casamentos

Google Maps

yall are a GREAT resource.....will definitely report back....thanks!

Places like Mugshots and Bonnie Blairs gave great toppings but they put them on a preformed frozen patty. Really takes a lot away. Roosters and Trace are supposed to be great. I will get on them soon.

I think Roosters is my favorite burger in town

For a great burger in NO go to "Port o Call" in the quarter. Nolan does Majestic really use preformed patties? I thought they were GOD-Like when it came to burgers, Say it aint so!

I hesitate to say anything bad about Majestic. My college buddy owns it. All the party's look the same to me. It may just be a form they use. When they open the new location in Ridgeland I will give them another go.

I think Roosters is my favorite burger in town

Jalapeño cheddar bun is the biz.

Chicken fried steak is great.

If Nate isn't there service is hit-or-miss

A few that come to mind:

-Como Steakhouse in downtown Como, 2 min off I-55. One of the better steaks I've had. Sausage and cheese tray is awesome too... We go there a good bit for "special" events or dinner with friends.

Yeah, I eat out a lot....

Como steakhouse is the s***. Classic old school steakhouse on par with any Chicago chop house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom