Where to buy TJM progressive springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks,

I've settled on a lift combination but can't seem to find a retailer for TJM progressive springs. The best I could do was Metaltech did not say Out of Stock, they just said Call to Order, which I assume is code for Out of Stock.

Anyway, anyone know where a set of these could be obtained in the US?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-- Ben

www.metaltech4x4.com

As with most good vendors, if you call them up or email them you'll get questions answered, input, etc. rather than just a shopping cart and credit cart experience. I emailed them about it a few months ago and I'm pretty sure they were available at that point.

I guess that's what happens when you assume. :flush:

summit racing is the distributor last i remember

ToyTec Lifts is where I got mine (online order).

I'm pretty sure there is a set posted in the classifieds if u don't mind previously used springs.

I'm pretty sure there is a set posted in the classifieds if u don't mind previously used springs.

What!? Ah! Heading over there now! Been looking out for a used set for weeks

Edit: didnt see anything. Thanks anyway though

check Slee Off Road

Got mine at ToyTec and they were great to deal with. I found a 5% discount code online too, although that was 2 years ago.

Just talked to Metaltech today... they have stopped selling all tjm stuff, and supposedly so has everyone else, and rumors are that TJM is setting up a new USA distributor.

I'm hot on the trail of this one. Container is supposed to arrive in US on 9/26 iff it clears customs. Cross your fingers and maybe we'll see some gear in early October.

I've got a set that came off my rig last weekend. I switched to stock height old man emu. Probably 20k miles on them. Pm me if you're interested. Haven't had time to do the classified thing yet.

Here's the link for the classifieds ad Beej. The guy selling them didn't know what they were:

For Sale: - 80 Series Lift Springs

Those don't look like my TJM springs. Coil winds are all different. Plus the fronts are not progressive on the TJM Progressive kit. I bought mine from Slee a few yrs ago. Might be some obscure other yellow ones. Here are the rears vs an 863 & 864.
image.jpeg
@Beej Rears should be at your house Tuesday.

I talked to TJM USA directly about a month ago. They supply summit, metal tech etc. They have shipment coming in about mid sept (which should be here by now). They are located in san diego.
Address: USA, 1081 Camino del Rio S, San Diego, CA 92108
Phone: (888) 909-4856
I havent called them again because i chose to take a different route. Keep us posted!

My set sold in like five min. Hopefully some new ones become available for you guys soon!

The eagle has landed.

Container arrived yesterday. Got my coils and rubber castor correction bushings on order from Kevin Kelly at KLM performance in CT.

I thought I would post this up here. Here's the set I purchased used from @mtnzorro . Front free height is about 21" rear free height is about 20"

Just based on eyeballing these, the rears look an awful lot like dual rate rather than progressive rate-- the coil wind and diameter changes pretty abruptly after 3 coils rather than changing over the length of the spring.

Fronts do not appear to be progressive at all, although they bear the correct part number 770fr80c. Coil spacing is the same the whole length of the spring and thickness appears to be the same based on my eyeball.

Total layman's analysis, but I thought I would post it up. Sorry for the crappy photo. Looking forward to getting these on the truck. I'll put the rears on first and see how it goes. I have a little extra weight up front (not much) and I might leave my 850's on for a little while.
20161011_184554.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom