Where Has Your 80 Taken You?: 80 Series Camping/Overland/Adventure Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

La Guajira Desert

:beer:

DSC01974Rsmall.jpg

Exploring gravel back roads off the blue ridge parkway around Wilson creek and linville gorge wilderness areas north of Morganton NC

image-1395046275.jpg

image-2392445931.jpg

image-3001321716.jpg

image-2603737427.jpg

And the other end of the state on Portsmouth Island

image-281479579.jpg

image-3336630357.jpg

Exploring gravel back roads off the blue ridge parkway around Wilson creek and linville gorge wilderness areas north of Morganton NC
I'd really like to get out that way 1 day. Looks awesome!!!:bounce:

Just the bare essentials on this camping trip...

CampPic007.jpg

CampPic007.jpg

We need to change the title of this thread to "80 series RTT picture thread". I'm not worthy enough to post pictures in here yet. Maybe when I stop being a cheap ass and buy a roof rack and tent :)

We need to change the title of this thread to "80 series RTT picture thread". I'm not worthy enough to post pictures in here yet. Maybe when I stop being a cheap ass and buy a roof rack and tent :)

I will sell you my Eezy Awn 1800 3 Series, then you will make the cut :)

Sethro

These were taken at Death Valley last summer...

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

Jose, you're excused since your rig is bad ass... I don't have one myself, still using a ground tent:D

Jose, you're excused since your rig is bad ass... I don't have one myself, still using a ground tent:D
Haha thanks! Same here. I love how RTTs look, but still not sure if I want one since I'd have to pack it up and fold it in each time we're going exploring. And sometimes the wife like to stay behind with the other women while the boys go out and play. Wouldn't work if I drive off with her home on my roof!

But ok, just one pic. Little Deer Lake on the Snake Lake 4x4 trail

9993774616_e27d4654e6_h.jpg

Pack creek campground, Moab UT

Somewhere off the race track, Death Valley NP

Anza Borrego State Park, TDS 2013

Joshua Tree NP

Last edited:
Is there an air mattress that fits our cargo area?

Haha thanks! Same here. I love how RTTs look, but still not sure if I want one since I'd have to pack it up and fold it in each time we're going exploring. And sometimes the wife like to stay behind with the other women while the boys go out and play. Wouldn't work if I drive off with her home on my roof!

Jose,
You built an awesome cruiser. Now build a trailer with a RTT for a base camp:

IMG_8179.jpg

DSCN1079.jpg

Jose,
You built an awesome cruiser. Now build a trailer with a RTT for a base camp:
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

That is one sick set-up! Do you or do you not regret spending all the money on that set-up as opposed to just buying an offroad worthy pop-up camper for probably the same money?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

That is one sick set-up! Do you or do you not regret spending all the money on that set-up as opposed to just buying an offroad worthy pop-up camper for probably the same money?

I built the trailer myself, on top of an old military trailer chassis. Spent less than 1/2 of what a commercial offroad trailer costs. Plus I got to build it how I wanted it. If I don't want to take the trailer, the RTT can go on top of Dingo and the fridge and stove can go inside.

Cheers,
Greg

Well regardless of cost, it's 1 hell of a rig & exactly how you want it= priceless!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom