where do i get these....OEM? Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm hopin somebody posts up with one of these, if not i may buy at least one, to see them up close, look at the pros and cons.

I saw something like these on a utility truck for some company a while back. they were mounted on the rear corner, beefier built, as it was driving by it looked like they may have been sand cast aluminum. I've been hunting for them forever but can't find any. I was thinking i could go with those, and just machine the mounting face to match the cruiser.

Oh well, maybe I'll call beno this week. :idea:

Saw these on DS 80 in Austin.....Red. Would love to know where to get them. I agree that the load could be dealt with by fender washers.......:confused:

Whoa these are cool, never saw them before! And here's another request for pic/install details :D

These were on my cruiser in Kuwait. Dang had I known you guys were hard up for them I'd have taken them off before I came home. The OP was in Iraq (a lot stricter getting off post) Kuwait was easy. Really hating myself for not stripping that thing down or sourcing anything else in the two years I spent there.

Also did anyone know that Mr. T made a passenger side dash handle for the early 80's? I should have grabbed that too along with the hand throttle. Live and learn I guess.

read all the threads on these tried a couple dealerships including the Dallas one listed here and the some of the out of area part source guys but have had no luck finding a set of these. you can still get the bottom step for a 100 series but thats it.

anyone have a source for these or have any to sell?

Jason

I was at my dealer about 6 months ago to ask for these. There was 1 full set, both sides available in the US. If they aren't available in the US anymore, try Amayama.com
It also wouldn't be tough to make them. I have an engineer friend at toyota who looked up the drawing. They are pretty simple. The only down side is they need a special body reinforcement which was not included in US destination vehicles. Its a similar issue to mounting the OEM swing out carrier.
I don't see why you couldn't fab something up pretty quickly though. Powder coated re-bar would look pretty badass and provide some non-slip traction.
good luck!

Also, the plate on the outside is really just a thin gauge aluminum garnish. It doesn't add much of anything for strength or durability.

So apparently the 70 series had them too... Saw this in Egypt a few weeks ago:

LC 1.jpg

LC 2.jpg

LC 3.jpg

LC 4.jpg

That's a 60 series.

I talked to Akella about getting a set of these to replace my swing out...they are NLA.

I actually wasn't taking a pic of the ambulance doors lol. I was taking pics of the "OEM" steps on the right rear quarter panel.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I have a factory swing out tire carrier and the steps mount in the same spot. I've been thinking about removing the swing out and was hoping to use the steps to cover the holes in the body, but no dice.

You might consider checking with amayama.com
I'll be at the dealer next week, I can check and see if they are still available. Another option is to fan some yourself. There really isn't anything special about them. If someone want to make these AND some reinforcement brackets, I could help with the key dimensions. PM me. If Dan or Be no or anyone else know how to find a P/N for the reinforcement brackets, it would be a HUUUGE help. I have numbers for the steps and garnish plates, need the reinforcement inside the body.

You might consider checking with amayama.com
I'll be at the dealer next week, I can check and see if they are still available. Another option is to fan some yourself. There really isn't anything special about them. If someone want to make these AND some reinforcement brackets, I could help with the key dimensions. PM me. If Dan or Be no or anyone else know how to find a P/N for the reinforcement brackets, it would be a HUUUGE help. I have numbers for the steps and garnish plates, need the reinforcement inside the body.
I was initially interested in possibly replicating/fabricating the brackets, but the internal reinforcements make it seem like it would be quite involved, not just to make, but also to access & install.... Not to mention the potential liability for someone falling and hurting themselves if they ever failed (even if it's from a faulty install).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom