where do i get these....OEM? Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i had to follow the contour of the body and eyed from other cruisers who had it factory installed as well as follow the shape of the ladders, then bent 10 mm steel plate to the shape, then i drilled and threaded two holes in each to line up with the step ladders. once i am reinstalling them i will post pictures.

i am in the process of repainting it now.

they're similar to the the ones the factory does for the tire carrier except i used much beefier steel plates.

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 9.15.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 9.28.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 9.33.01 PM.png

Did you install these? How did you support them? I checked on my 80, there is no reinforcement or nut on the inside.
Also I see you can buy the bolt for them from OEM, but no nut. This some models might have nuts on the inside and some dont
here's how i did it with pictures, i hope it becomes clear, the vent has to go out so you can reach and line up the bracket to steps, couldn't reach my phone inside to show the third bracket from inside, but it's similar to the one in the bottom, just different bending and size. the red line in the pictures is the second bracket, first is easiest to access. all in all it's not hard if you have the steps.

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 8.59.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 8.59.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 9.00.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 9.00.22 PM.png

here's how i did it with pictures, i hope it becomes clear, the vent has to go out so you can reach and line up the bracket to steps, couldn't reach my phone inside to show the third bracket from inside, but it's similar to the one in the bottom, just different bending and size. the red line in the pictures is the second bracket, first is easiest to access. all in all it's not hard if you have the steps.

View attachment 2713616

View attachment 2713617

View attachment 2713618

View attachment 2713619

Cool install.

Some sikafklex on the bracket inside while installing it would make it a permanent fixture

Cool install.

Some sikafklex on the bracket inside while installing it would make it a permanent fixture
thanks for the great idea, i can still do it, actually i'll do it, i have some epoxy as well as silicone laying around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom