Where did you mount your VIAIR gauge panel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For anyone running a VIAIR OBA setup in their 80, where did you end up mounting your gauge/switch panel in the cab? I've got a couple ideas of where I might put it but thought I'd see what others have done before I do any cutting or drilling. Chances are at least one of you has come up with a better location for it that I haven't even thought of yet.

My rig is a 96 FZJ80.

I'm in the process of installing the VIAIR Xtreme duty kit (dual 350C compressors 100% duty cycle) with an additional 2.5 gal tank for a total tank capacity of 4.5 gal.

This is the gauge panel I'm talking about. The photo isn't mine, I pulled it from an older MUD thread that asked the same basic question but was never really answered.

guage.jpg

Don't see the point, utility, useless stuff to potentially leak? My setup (Puma) has a gauge on the tank, haven't looked at it more than a couple times in 11 yrs. It came with, plugs the hole, if it didn't, I wouldn't install a gauge.

I installed mine in the rear near the compressor and tank. The guage is on the passenger side panel in the rear. I felt it uneccassary to have it up front in the cab and the wiring run would of been long and a PIA to do it that way. I did not use their bracket, I just cut a hole in the plastic and installed it

The reason I want the gauge and switch in the cab is that I will be running an air horn (because I'm 12 and like obnoxiously loud things, don't judge) and I want to be able to turn the system on and off from the driver's seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom