When adding carpet back to the FJ62/60, is NVH padding reccomended? (1 Viewer)

I've removed all the carpet and recycled fiber padding from my 62 and I'm planning on putting full carpet back in. I was wondering if when I get carpet to install, if I should try to add pack some sort of NVH padding since all the recycled fiber material is gone. I still have each of the rubber zones on the floorpans, so the existing NVH isn't totally missing.

I've seen on a few threads here that some people go all out with roll on NVH material, but that seems to be a pretty involved process.

What's been y'all's experience with NVH when redoing carpet?

Gundo

SILVER Star
I pulled entire interior, including the carpets.

Cleaned the padding out real good.

Rustproofed with Rust Bullet.

Floors were shiny clean.

Then laid down the Noico butyl sound deadening material (buy the roller) prior to installing new carpets from @dnp

54 square feet was enough for all floors in front and back. $98 in total.

And TOTALLY worth it.

Much Less NVH, very Noticeable.

Didn’t add the next layer of vinyl that some put down, so can’t say how much difference it make

YMMV,
Gundo

DACC67FE-0212-4699-870E-61006659806E.jpeg

C6A4A2BC-2D79-461B-A40E-958B08518142.jpeg

Ah this is great, I think I’ll go with DNP’s carpet if they’re still making it. That NVH material looks easy to apply too.

Gundo

SILVER Star
@dnp Dave will hook you up. Lots of time and effort went into making nearly perfect carpets.

Amazon has the Noico. Order more than you need. Lots of places to put it.

Just make sure floors are clean, dry and rust mitigated prior to install.

And here’s the after. So satisfied!
8CCCEC74-FDA3-429C-BB87-B744F7101C1D.jpeg

Gundo

SILVER Star
Yes sir @bcolvin
SOR gray vinyl.
It doesn’t really get super hot here in the Northeast so a good option. Very happy with quality and fit. Was a bit nervous given cost but am very happy. Used SOR foam seat bottoms also.

Old Nick

SILVER Star
Ah this is great, I think I’ll go with DNP’s carpet if they’re still making it. That NVH material looks easy to apply too.
I did almost exactly the same thing as @Gundo did and it was absolutely worth it.

@dnp 's carpet replacement is excellent. Transformed the interior of my truck. You won't regret installing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom