Wheeling & Camping 10/14 North Georgia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
This will be the 4th trip of camping & wheeling in Rabun county area of Georgia. I'm hoping to have a LOT more people than the February ride. Depending on the number of participants it is possible that we will have 4WheelParts as a sponsor of the ride. TBD. Post your interest in the forum, or PM me with questions. Plan ahead!

I'm coming up from Florida with at least 3 other LC's on the evening of the 14th. Here is the itinerary of sorts.

October 15th
  • 8AM Arrive in Clayton and meet anyone interested in breakfast at the Rusty Bike
  • 9AM Fuel up and head out to Talullah River Campground, setup tent, reserve sites
  • 11AM Go wheeling, destination will depend on conditions and road open/close status
  • 6PM Dinner in Clayton, grocery run, back to camp.
  • 8PM Night run off of Persimmon road, pitch black, narrow, technical, and FUN!
October 16th
  • 6AM Breakfast at camp
  • 7AM On the road, Beasley Knob or Charlies Creek are likely candidates
  • LUNCH - On the road, pack accordingly
  • 6PM or thereafter, dinner at campsite
  • 8PM Night run likely close to Persimmon road
October 17th
  • 6AM Head out to Rusty Bike for breakfast, meet others
  • Wheeling
  • LUNCH - On the road
  • Dinner - TBD
  • 8PM Late night run likely off of Warwoman road
October 18th
  • 6AM Breakfast at camp
  • 7AM On the road, destinations TBD
  • LUNCH - TBD
  • Florida delegation heads out around 2PM

I'm definitely in for this! Should be good on the dates, depending on what work is like. Would love to bring my girlfriend and dog along, but we'll see I guess. In any case, I don't mind hopping in the cruiser and heading up solo.

Do you guys use Ham radio or something different while wheeling on the trails up there? Or just communicate with phones. Trying to put together a little pre-Georgia build.

Most use ham radio. I have bao feng handheld, works perfect.

Let's discuss camping for those who are going on the trip. I'm considering distant remote camping, there is fresh clean water but it's 18 miles from civilization. It's primitive. Any thoughts? Or keep it at the campground?

As far as camping - I have nice digs in Highlands, NC that is about 30-40 minutes from the campground/wheeling area. I do not own a tent and would rather sleep in a bed than in the back of my cruiser, so I'm probably going to be commuting daily to meet up with you guys. After looking up Charlie Creek though, I REALLY want to buy a roof top tent and hang out there.

Also- @musthave you should post this thread up on other clubhouses in the Georgia area to see if anybody else wants to join.

That is the right radio.

I have it posted in north Georgia and Piedmont cruisers as well as South Carolina I think.

My tent will sleep eight comfortably so if you want to stay at the campground for a night or two you can.

1 month and counting.

I'll put this on my calendar and may just swing by and ride a bit with ya'll. I live 20-30 minutes away from Clayton.

Awesome. The more the merrier! Every day I just dream about driving through water.

I'll put this on my calendar and may just swing by and ride a bit with ya'll. I live 20-30 minutes away from Clayton.
It would be great to meet you. Great rides.

Yeah. Good piece of mind knowing there's some fresh grease in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom