Wheeling at Anthracite Saturday 8/12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did anyone go?

It was just me, with Gary @shmukster riding shotgun and @JeepinPete in his 80 with his teenage son and daughter. Smallest club run ever.

Weather was great, but got a little bit warm later in the day. We hit a lot of trails I've never been on... or at least don't remember. Most of what we hit was on the far side of the Eastern reserve. Gary would probably remember the majority of the trails we did.

Stuck with mostly blues and a black or two. a few winching incidents, but nothing gnarly.

Relaxing, mellow day in the woods. :steer:

Well we sure had a good day on the trails Saturday. Crusha brought his 80 with me as a passenger, and Jeepin Pete showed up with his 80 with kids Josh and Lillie as passengers. Only two trucks so we pretty much went wherever we wanted to. There was a large group of Jeeps off to the side when we got there I believe they were all going on a trail leader trip. Not sure but the only full size vehicles we ran into were a few buggies doing the red trail at the top of Twister. The weather was great, had a little rain sprinkle in the morning otherwise very good wheeling weather.
We started out running trail 10 toward the far end of the easter section of the place. Got out there and ended up doing some trails I had never done before. We did several blue/black trails including M, M Ext and (I believe) 37. There was one other blue/black trail up there that we did, too, very off camber in spots reminding us of the off camber sections of trail 36. We then did Twister going downhill, crossed over the main road and did the culvert trail (BA34), then did Excaliber and I had never been on this section of Excaliber before. Several very tight sections with extremely steep downhills. Very interesting. We ate lunch along Excaliber.
From there we went out trail 20 and did Muddy Shackle and then over to Excelsior Swamp. Chris Cass you'll be glad to know that although MS was dry the exit is still interesting. And I cab vouch for the fact that being a former jeeper Pete really likes the mud and water!!!!! Frome there we did sections of 9 and 7 and then a little bit of trail 3 before heading to the staging area and calling it a day. We were on the trails at 9 and got back to the staging area about 2:30.
All in all a very good day on the trails, no breakage, no flat tires, had to winch a few times and that always adds to the fun on the trail. Looking forward to going back over those trails again!!!!
Crusha thanks for the seat!!!
Have to mention how well AOAA has their act together. Check in was super easy as usual and took only about a minute. Things move smoothly at AOAA and by the time we were done for the day the parking area was pretty well filled.

Last edited:
Grew up in south Jersey, muddin in the Pines was my intro to wheeling, lol.

It was a fun day. Covered a lot of ground which was great. My son took a video of the end of Excalibur. Try this link:

Video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom