Wheeling 3/10 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in

^ Then it looks like I am as well.

BTW Chuck, what did your drivetrain issue from the Colorado trip end up being?

^ Then it looks like I am as well.

BTW Chuck, what did your drivetrain issue from the Colorado trip end up being?

02 sensors, had to replace all 4.

I cooked a catalytic converter on the way home.

So a question for the group. I have AT's, a functioning suspension lift system and a CB, but no sliders yet. Can I run trails where I can avoid rocker damage?

Also, I have a friend with a 4runner who would like to come along. He ordered a CB and if it arrives in time, I'll help him tune it. Can he run Rausch without a CB?

Last edited:
So a question for the group. I have AT's a functioning suspension lift system and a CB, but no sliders yet. Can I run trails where I can avoid rocker damage?

Also, I have a friend with a 4runner who would like to come along. He ordered a CB and if it arrives in time, I'll help him tune it. Can he run Rausch without a CB?
Yes. I did my first several runs with just 33s and nothing else.

Reactions: elk
So a question for the group. I have AT's a functioning suspension lift system and a CB, but no sliders yet. Can I run trails where I can avoid rocker damage?

Yes and yes.
We can adapt to the group and split for some trails.

Excellent. This will be his first time wheeling and I'll likely stick with him.

@YotaFun, he is finally willing to try his 5th gen Trail Premium off road. He is running the factory tires.

@YotaFun, he is finally willing to try his 5th gen Trail Premium off road. He is running the factory tires.

I wouldn't take a truck that nice - especially with stock tires. Sure to get a dent, scratch or two!

I'd recommend riding along with someone the first time.

Andy

I agree with Andy Zook's advice- I surely wouldn't take a brand new expensive vehicle on the trails on my first trip to either Rausch or Anthracite. Beneficial to get some seat time and see what it's all about first.
Having said that, Andy Marquardt has been wheeling a long time and leading rides just as long. I remember how well he did way back when with his stock-looking Taco! He certainly knows what trails are suitable for the various rigs and is a great spotter and resource for us guys on the trail. Looking forward to seeing/hearing how you guys make out tomorrow, please post up trail reports and pictures for those of us who won't be there. My two rigs will be dry in the garage while my wife and I are visiting in Richmond.
Right now (Friday morning) it's snowing pretty hard here in Brockton. Two inches on the ground, sure I hope it's done soon!

I agree with Andy Zook's advice- I surely wouldn't take a brand new expensive vehicle on the trails on my first trip to either Rausch or Anthracite. Beneficial to get some seat time and see what it's all about first.
Having said that, Andy Marquardt has been wheeling a long time and leading rides just as long. I remember how well he did way back when with his stock-looking Taco! He certainly knows what trails are suitable for the various rigs and is a great spotter and resource for us guys on the trail. Looking forward to seeing/hearing how you guys make out tomorrow, please post up trail reports and pictures for those of us who won't be there. My two rigs will be dry in the garage while my wife and I are visiting in Richmond.
Right now (Friday morning) it's snowing pretty hard here in Brockton. Two inches on the ground, sure I hope it's done soon!
We'll keep you updated G, have a nice visit and safe travels.

Scratches and dents are definitely a possibility with as tight as Rausch is...
I remember my first time out in stock form with just some BFG A/Ts, it was at Paragon (R.I.P) and luckily it was just scratches, I got my first dents at Rausch lol!

I agree, it might be better to ride along, especially if he is still running on the factory Dunlop tires.
Still encourage him to get out, but maybe look into a slightly more aggressive tire before hand.
If he is still interested in taking his own out, I am sure we can make things happen!
I would be inclined to take out my stock 4Runner, but right now its the last utility vehicle I have till I get the engine work done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom