Wheel speed sensor wiring damaged? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was adjusting the castor setting on my SPC UCAs and fear I may have damaged the wiring harness to the wheel speed sensor. The wiring was stretched very tight at one point after I separated the UBJ before I noticed, and now there is a skidding vehicle warning light on the dash.

Is this repairable or should I just replace the wiring harness?

I was adjusting the castor setting on my SPC UCAs and fear I may have damaged the wiring harness to the wheel speed sensor. The wiring was stretched very tight at one point after I separated the UBJ before I noticed, and now there is a skidding vehicle warning light on the dash.

Is this repairable or should I just replace the wiring harness?
I'd replace it. Last thing you want is braking control issues in a emergency stop. Probably would affect ATRAC as well.

Reactions: r2m
Very common to happen when working with front suspension. It's always advised to take all the bracket off to give a lot more slack and even disconnect it from wheel hub.

You can fix it with waterproof connector if you could find where the break is.

Thanks guys.

Also, if you know where the break is, assuming it's somewhere in the middle of the line and not at the end of the cable. You can splice into it and solder it together or add more wire soldering it together, then add some heat shrink, tubing, the type that has the glue to waterproof it. :hmm:

I went ahead and ordered a replacement for $40. But I will take a look the original and see if I can figure out where the break is and repair it for a spare.

I've had amazing luck with these, in tons of applications, for things ranging from wiring in rock lights for running board lights, splicing ECU wires for my lockup switch, splicing in a universal O2 sensor, splicing in a new MAF plug, etc:
Amazon product ASIN B07Q3JJRY8
They should be stronger than the wire and are 100% waterproof if you crimp them with the proper tool. I use a heat gun to finish them off.

I used to crimp everything, which is great if done correctly, but last year I discovered solder seal connectors and absolutely love them. Waterproof and a positive connection.

I used to crimp everything, which is great if done correctly, but last year I discovered solder seal connectors and absolutely love them. Waterproof and a positive connection.
Cool! Wasn't aware of these. I'm used to solder and heat shrink. or crimp. But sometimes the access to getting the jaws of a crimper to crimp if space is tight.
Just bought a 150 pc set: Amazon product ASIN B07HCNTZ2Z

I replaced the passenger side sensor wire today with no change. Still have the skidding vehicle icon lit up on the tach.

Something I read suggests that maybe all that is needed is a zero point calibration?

Yep, ZPC did the trick. Had to wait for an alignment as my steering wheel was a bit out of whack after all the suspension adjustments to fit 35s (which was actually why the light was on in the first place).

ZPC took a few tries to get right, gotta keep your foot off the brake.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom