Wheel and tire fitting on FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, those look old school! Nice find, reminds me of the farm. Really interested in how they handle on road, etc.

@ZoomByYou and @ryan greathouse the day has come. Pizza cutters are in and they look amazing. Only drove it for about 50 miles and it feels pretty good plus I don’t have to fight the steering wheel anymore since it turns softer with these tires. Tires are loud but that was expected. Is just part of the nature of the beast

76D4F977-3FAA-4163-8CE1-4EFF1E62CAF4.jpeg

7F914E1C-A73A-410A-9FB0-C69FDD6B0E27.jpeg

ACE10D92-520F-4872-98B1-E42D1CF5C286.jpeg

image.jpg

@ZoomByYou and @ryan greathouse the day has come. Pizza cutters are in and they look amazing. Only drove it for about 50 miles and it feels pretty good plus I don’t have to fight the steering wheel anymore since it turns softer with these tires. Tires are loud but that was expected. Is just part of the nature of the beast

View attachment 1850051

View attachment 1850053

View attachment 1850054

View attachment 1850062
Did you have any driving time without the steering stabilizer? I don't have one and have been curious about whether or not it offers something noticeable.

looks great, those tires are a perfect fit, both style and size. The best part is that they look so old school/classic and tough, seems like they were made for that beast right?

I still have'nt made a move on any wheels yet. Hey, at the rate the body shop is going she will be ready for new shoes next decade...

Did you have any driving time without the steering stabilizer? I don't have one and have been curious about whether or not it offers something noticeable.
My steering stabilizer was shot before I replaced and I noticed that going over rough terrain there was more jerking or play on the steering wheel. It feel pretty solid now But since I replaced the stabilizer, tie rod ends shackles and bushings at the same time I cannot tell you hello exactly how much the stabilizer help. I just did it all at once

My steering stabilizer was shot before I replaced and I noticed that going over rough terrain there was more jerking or play on the steering wheel. It feel pretty solid now But since I replaced the stabilizer, tie rod ends shackles and bushings at the same time I cannot tell you hello exactly how much the stabilizer help. I just did it all at once
Thanks. My steering had been addressed about a year ago before it went to the body shop. When it came back in mid-April I did the knuckles myself, also put oil only shocks on it. The MonroeMatics with gas over oil were just too rough. When the steering was done the steering box was rebuilt, parts sourced from three places in the States. When I did the knuckles, Kurt at CruiserOutfitters fixed me up with a center link kit. So everything is good. I do notice that the steering box itself loosened up a little with use, but still better than it was before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom