whats your tire of choice? trail rig only! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

35x12.5x15 SSR's - don't think I'll ever buy a different set of tires. They're awesome for where I wheel. Haven't had an issue with the sidewalls - maybe I've been lucky.

woody said:
on the truck, or off?

36.75 is aired up, but not on the truck with weight....

That was the part that took motivation.. taking them off the rig. :D

I did my measurements off the rig.

I wonder if the 37" Krawlers are as big - every so often, a smokin dela on some red label 37's comes along... (like one I just missed, $400 for 4 - 90% on 'em)

Oh, I also weighed the tire/wheel.. 125.0 lbs.

TSL/SX's

Deep South Cruisers said:
says the man that spent a bazillion dollars to put 38's on a SUA rig ;p

I think his rig is great! but yeah I know it cost a ton!!

wngrog said:
37s are so gay.

39's are sooo huge

P1010060.jpg

:flipoff2:

Are you having any sidewall issues or inner bead burping air with your stickeys?

SX's are great, but they are balloons.
PBR's are pretty damn tough. The 37 is a decent sized tire. Pretty much the same size as a 37 Krawler. The 39.5 is a beachball, but seems to work well.

The big stickey krawler works great, but wears very quick, and the sidewall is a bit on the weak side.

Sidewall is a big concern up here. Gilbert has chopped sidewalls on just about every brand of tire that I know of. :doh:

WOODY

How are the PBR's for wear so far
How long have you had them
Great write up on them as well

bonzai:

wear right now is impressive...the big lugs all have a tiny raised "edge" on them, and despite 3 hard runs, that edge is still present in many places....very surprising....

additionally, the lug chunking I experienced with the IROK's just hasn't happened....at all...a few are abused, but far fewer than I expected, particularly considering the nasty sharp shale we ran in Gilbert a couple weeks back.

They ain't highway tires (or, I haven't tried them anyways...lol), but I'm very pleased with their trail durability. Have two more hard trips for them by mid-December....should have some more opinions to post on them then. (clayton OK in mid Nov and Attica IN in early Dec)

Josh83 said:
Those tires are gayer than Junk.

i didnt think could happen :flipoff2:

89s rule said:
I think his rig is great! but yeah I know it cost a ton!!

It's no fun if I can't even piss him off ;)

This was a reference to Nolen's rig many moons ago when Kate (his rig) was still spring under and he managed to fit 38's under her only to tear her apart a short time later for a spring over.

Must have been Kate 3.01a or something similar :D

Krawlers

The only problem with Krawlers is when they wearout you won't buy anything else

General Sherman said:
The only problem with Krawlers is when they wearout you won't buy anything else
There are other options.. I have seen people go from Krawlers to other tires.

And not because of cost.

I have the 37" Krawlers. Aside from the highway noise, they are a great tire. You air them down from 35 to 20, and you dont loose much in height, pluss the really eat up the rock.
Im sure by the time I need another set (if I go with Krawlers again) they will only be 250-300 per tire. I paid 315 for mine at sears.
Does anyone have any experence with the Creepy Crawlers from Traxxes?? I here the only down side is that they are a bias tire.

Maxxis makes the Creepy Crawlers,,

I wont get another set of Sticky 39.5 Krawlers. They are not worth the premature wear versus 42" IROKs in my opinion.

And yes LAME, I have to keep them at or above 8# to keep the inner beads from burping air.

Oops,
I ment Maxxis. :doh:
I have the blue lable Krawlers, have had them for about 4 months now, still holding out good. about 200 miles off road, and about 800 miles on road.
No apperent wear yet, Still have some of the tits left on them.
How long do the red lable last? give or take?

Project FJ80 said:
Oops,
I ment Maxxis. :doh:
I have the blue lable Krawlers, have had them for about 4 months now, still holding out good. about 200 miles off road, and about 800 miles on road.
No apperent wear yet, Still have some of the tits left on them.
How long do the red lable last? give or take?

About 3 comps.

so are Iroks good, just as a trail tire

FJ40onNOS said:
so are Iroks good, just as a trail tire
Ummmm, yes..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom