whats your tire of choice? trail rig only! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ricer...

Next thing you will want a turbo :flipoff2:

I need to find the pic from the BHCC 2003 that I have. Big red Type R sticker on my 40.

Course, I also have a BUNCH of carbon fiber sticker mat..

Hmmm.

Carbon fiber roll cage???

coolcruiserfj40 said:
iroks are only good if you rollin on dubs

really, iv got some 28's just laying around, i think they would fit

Mace said:
Ricer...

Next thing you will want a turbo :flipoff2:

or better

NOS

i just got some 35, 14.50 SSR and they kick ass, great all around i think!

iroks hands down. i like the MTRs as well but the sidewalls puncture too easily.
i've run MTRs, TSLs, boggers, BF MTs, groundhawgs.........
the iroks do an amazing job of finding traction on all kinds of surfaces.

iroks hands down. i like the MTRs as well but the sidewalls puncture too easily.

orangefj45 said:

WOW,dejevue........;)

just kidding.
i bought the iroks for the 40,did a 80 mile hwy trip up to IANB's on friday night.
UNBALANCED!!!!! :eek: they actually ran preyyt well :D
just a bit of shaking at about 65 mph ;)

cant wait to get them on the trail! ;p

I run the SSR's (33x12.5) on my 40, they are good tires for if you want a agressive looking tire that has (fairly) good street manners, they do pretty good in the snow and ice, almost as good as my old 31x10.5 BFG AT's

That being said I don't think they have much going for them offroad, at least not compared to the rest of the TSL lineup (except trsux and sts I have no idea) Pretty sure they have a harder compound, I bought them right before i started college in 01, I wouldn't buy them again (but i also have a second car now so the cruiser isn't my DD) I also haven't wheeled them a ton I have hardly been wheeling at all since I started school (im such a loser)

A little off topic, but still related to this thread, I hear wngrog talking about losing inner beads on the Krawlers. I bought a copy of "four wheeler" this month (I dont usualy like to read about 3 shocks per wheel and chromed driveshafts, but I was on a long flight) and they have an article about which tires work well on which rims as far as retaining beads, and they found a corrolation between the rim guard (little rubber ridge that tries to prevent curbing) and losing beads, I guess it acts like a fulcrum and pries the tire away from the rim as the sidewall flexes. They removed it with a tire groover and found an inprovement in bead holding capacity

They also said the krawlers dont do well mounted on MRT composite beadlocks, and swamper tsl's dont do well on steel rock crawler rims, probably the best article i have ever read in Four Wheeler.

I rock the IROKS on my 4runner. They work great.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom