What's it worth. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I currently have a desmogged 82 with 291xxx on it. Runs great. But rusty rear quarters and under the doors. Really bums me out. I'm the second owner. I love the truck. But the rust is killing me. First, is it worth to try and fix or sell? I want to keep a fj60 for the rest of my life.i just don't know if it's my current one. I got it for about 2600.

So I just recently found an 85 with 130xxx on it with about 12 grand in upgrades on it and zero rust. It's a very nice truck. They have every upgrade that can be done. Not really my style but it helps with trying to decide to get. So they want 10 grand. Just need a little insight from the community to help with my decision. It's gonna be my DD. Thanks everyone

image.jpeg

I currently have a desmogged 82 with 291xxx on it. Runs great. But rusty rear quarters and under the doors. Really bums me out. I'm the second owner. I love the truck. But the rust is killing me. First, is it worth to try and fix or sell? I want to keep a fj60 for the rest of my life.i just don't know if it's my current one. I got it for about 2600.

So I just recently found an 85 with 130xxx on it with about 12 grand in upgrades on it and zero rust. It's a very nice truck. They have every upgrade that can be done. Not really my style but it helps with trying to decide to get. So they want 10 grand. Just need a little insight from the community to help with my decision. It's gonna be my DD. Thanks everyone

View attachment 1310430
Picture is of the one I want to buy

Unless you're really in love with your current cruiser, it may not be worth repairing based on the rust damage you're describing. It could be a great donor rig for yourself or someone else.

The truck you're looking at seems like a fair price. Low miles, no rust... I can see several thousand in upgrades just from the photo alone. If you like it, have the means, the spouses approval... Then go for it. Can you really put a price tag on your happiness and well being? If you're still undecided, let me leave you with the following quote...

"The path to true divinity and human enlightenment is unpaved and elusive to most, but not to those that own a Land Cruiser."

-Plato

I still dont know the answer but an old rusted truck will never be original, a good rustfree body can remain classic status.
But a perfect truck is a shame to use in 4x4 and forest roads scratching trees.

The rust can be done by yourself but it just keeps coming back and makes other work impossible time-wise.
It took me a long time before I had time to install lockers, winch and silly stuff that is not needed but fun.

For the price difference you can buy a lot of new parts and maybe an engine rebuild?
I have been looking at 61 models but then the whole repair/weld/upgrade starts again.

Thanks for the help. Gonna go test drive it and decide from there.

Make sure the 4x4 works ;)

Ask the seller if theres a mudpit thats close by and see what he says. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom