What’s a good deal right now on a 200, how many miles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was seriously considering an LX200(2011-130k miles) @$28k until I went on the Lexus website and pulled up the service history.Overheated three times,new radiator at 60k,oil light before 100k.Kind of soured me on the 200 series.Well worth running the vin through Carfax and Lexus…

I was seriously considering an LX200(2011-130k miles) @$28k until I went on the Lexus website and pulled up the service history.Overheated three times,new radiator at 60k,oil light before 100k.Kind of soured me on the 200 series.Well worth running the vin through Carfax and Lexus…
Dang that is crazy… haven’t heard of very many issues with them at all. Smart to pull up the service history for sure! Thanks for that

8F01E426-981B-4292-A8A9-FC805B53A96B.jpeg

Did more research after talking with my wife about when to buy and came across this handy market trend spreadsheet. These numbers are just from this year, I believe they went up the year before also, plus normally the prices normally trend down slightly (I’m assuming)- so I bet the actual amount these are up is closer to 30-35% for a 2008.
I was completely aware that they are way up- but when the market is up for so long it’s hard to gauge what’s a good deal since it’s all relative to the current market. I’m 30 so that extra $5-$7k makes a bigger impact on my retirement than on a vehicle. To paraphrase Charlie Munger "to not be affected by inflation is to not need anything."
I’m sticking to my 2001 Silverado "Trusty Rusty" until prices come back down and I can get something I really want. But I will still be checking everyday for good deals haha.
Thanks for everyone sharing their info, it helped a ton!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom