What wire is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yah they are brand new tailights. I've run jumpers to be sure they are Def grounded

Just an addition to this thread: The OEM Toyota flasher is NOT a bi-metal or thermally activated flasher. Instead it uses two coils (solenoids actually), a large capacitor and a resistor to do the flashing. You have to have at least 730 mA flowing through one of the solenoids in order to get it to activate. Once it activates the capacitor starts charging. When the capacitor reaches a high enough voltage it triggers the second solenoid. This second solenoid triggering interrupts power to the first solenoid and the cycle repeats thus causing the lights to flash.

The other reason for use of the LED flasher with incandescent bulbs is to make trouble shooting easier. The LED flasher will flash as long as it has even ONE bulb working. So if it flashes at all you can rule out the flasher instantly unlike the older one that would flash once, then nothing. You had no idea if it was the flasher or the wires, bulbs, sockets, or grounds....

Now about that Blue/Red wire? It probably is the Accessory wire as the only other LR wire of the fuse block is for the heater and 20 other things. Here is a pic of the back of a 78 fuse block showing the wire. Also, notice the circled terminal with heat shrink on it? If you remove that heat shrink you will reveal a standard 6.3mm terminal. It goes straight to the ACC fuse making it super easy to plug and play a new device that needs power... This is where I pick up power for my fog light harnesses on later trucks.

IMG_1247M.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom