What winch would you get if you had to swap out your 8274?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^^
Good choice. That’s what I wanted to suggest but you asked us not to.

8274 for the win!
...yea...yea...I know.

Don't get me wrong, happy to have an 8274 up front in all its nostalgic glory, etc. I just ran into a mental block when I noticed my favorite bumper to accommodate the 8274 does tend to stick out further than I want....so, I considered changing it all to keep a lower profile up front. Basically I went looking for the skinnier sexier mistress :princess::p.

Reality is, the 8274 I already have is a really solid working unit (the bird in hand) and the 9.5XP's are $$ AF new, and used ones don't just readily pop up.

Midlife crisis averted, I'll be happy with the big girl up front.

If you’re merely profiling, by all means, spend your last dollar for the “best” high-dollar winch you can find.

If you need function, at an economical price, Badlands (HF) is your huckleberry. Yeah, I know, the OP said “no HF”.

I’ve carried a Badlands 9000 for several years... it’s never failed me. But, I’ve never used it for recovery... never been so stuck I couldn’t drive out... no anchor points anyway... and the ground is too hard/rocky to bury an anchor.

Personally, if I still had a TLC and lived in a land of available anchor-points and needed the ability to pull myself out of sand, mud, snow or ice, I’d seriously consider:

The Bush Winch won’t run your battery down, it won’t overheat and it’s so simple, anyone can use it.

They sell anchors as well.

If you’re merely profiling, by all means, spend your last dollar for the “best” high-dollar winch you can find.

If you need function, at an economical price, Badlands (HF) is your huckleberry. Yeah, I know, the OP said “no HF”.

I’ve carried a Badlands 9000 for several years... it’s never failed me. But, I’ve never used it for recovery... never been so stuck I couldn’t drive out... no anchor points anyway... and the ground is too hard/rocky to bury an anchor.

Personally, if I still had a TLC and lived in a land of available anchor-points and needed the ability to pull myself out of sand, mud, snow or ice, I’d seriously consider:

The Bush Winch won’t run your battery down, it won’t overheat and it’s so simple, anyone can use it.

They sell anchors as well.
NO thanks, I'll take a Warn any day over an HF or a goofy bush winch contraption...

Sooo your HF winch never failed you but you never used it?

8274 all the way

Built a fixture (larger moment arm) to pull out a stump of a senior woman side yard who's husband passed about 6 weeks ago.

20210522_143909.jpg

20210522_170926.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom