What is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
New block, cleaning all the paint off so I can paint it correctly. I came across this piece. It has what appears to be a ball inside of it. Not sure if it's a plugged hole, or what, and what it's use is, if any. Just curious if anyone knows what it is.

1600208555807.png

EF2B0ABF-FA3B-49FF-ACA8-73E77495E865.jpeg

You see those sometimes where during manufacture, a hole needs to be bored for fluid travel etc and then after drilling the end of the hole needs to be plugged. That's my guess at least.

Ya I would guess an oil passage. Essentially holes drilled through and connected to other passages and then the drill holes blocked off later so the oil can flow through and around the block but not leak out.

You see those sometimes where during manufacture, a hole needs to be bored for fluid travel etc and then after drilling the end of the hole needs to be plugged. That's my guess at least.

I sorta assumed that's what that was for, but it seems odd that it's capped with a ball instead of a cap like freeze plugs, etc.
Ya I would guess an oil passage. Essentially holes drilled through and connected to other passages and then the drill holes blocked off later so the oil can flow through and around the block but not leak out.
That makes sense. Odd that it's a ball though. Or maybe it's knot. Thanks for the input all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom