What is this thing on top of the steering column? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

networkhobo

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all!

I am probably not searching using the right terms so I thought I would just ask the question. We just got my wife a new to us 2019 460 Luxury which she is loving (upgrade from a Highlander). I was driving it today and noticed this thing on top of the steering column and couldn’t find a reference in the manual or online. I have included a pic below.

IMG_1457.jpeg

Appreciate the help!

Dan

Ironically… something that has been an option on 460 since 2010… discontinued after 2019 …. Used for additional driver monitoring now on systems that rely on you paying attention to the road.. IE: Cadillac Supercruise

Driver Attention Monitor used for the Pre Collision system

IIRC: If the IR light reflected off your retina or open eyes Extremely hard to find a GX with Lane Departure - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion - http://clublexus.com/forums/gx-2nd-gen-2010-present/935584-extremely-hard-to-find-a-gx-with-lane-departure.html

It detects when your eyes are open or not

IMG_1243.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello all!

I am probably not searching using the right terms so I thought I would just ask the question. We just got my wife a new to us 2019 460 Luxury which she is loving (upgrade from a Highlander). I was driving it today and noticed this thing on top of the steering column and couldn’t find a reference in the manual or online. I have included a pic below.

View attachment 3322034

Appreciate the help!

Dan
What year is your GX?

OP has a ‘19

This device is part of the 2014-2019 Driver Support Package…. although available in the mixed packages available in 2010-2013

It first showed up on the 2007 LS 460

Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 2.39.16 PM.png

Last edited:
Ironically… something that has been an option on 460 since 2010… discontinued after 2019 …. Used for additional driver monitoring now on systems that rely on you paying attention to the road.. IE: Cadillac Supercruise

Driver Attention Monitor used for the Pre Collision system

IIRC: If the IR light reflected off your retina or open eyes Extremely hard to find a GX with Lane Departure - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion - http://clublexus.com/forums/gx-2nd-gen-2010-present/935584-extremely-hard-to-find-a-gx-with-lane-departure.html

It detects when your eyes are open or not

View attachment 3322080
Thanks! Good to know.

OP has a ‘19

This device is part of the 2014-2019 Driver Support Package…. although available in the mixed packages available in 2010-2013

It first showed up on the 2007 LS 460

View attachment 3322845
Wonder if this can be added?? Humm...

It could have been added to the radar cruise mod here but OP didn't add before selling and getting a 200 series.

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom