What is this knob for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What does this knob do/control? It's in a BJ75. Thank you!

15849873828925413429035324387645.jpg

That is your hand throttle. It connects to your pedal and increases/decreases throttle.
Ohhhh, ok. I'm used to the pull throttle in my 62, not the twist. Either way it's not working at the moment so I'll have to figure this out. Thank you!

I didn’t think mine worked either, but I kept turning it to the right and it works it’s just really slow to respond.

Put your foot on the accellerator as you turn it. It takes the load off the thread and the rpms increase quickly

Roscoe nailed it!
Always help the hand throttle with fuel pedal.

Put your foot on the accellerator as you turn it. It takes the load off the thread and the rpms increase quickly
Still didn't work, not a big problem for me at the moment though I'll have to figure it out later. Thanks tho!

They often malfunction because previous owners didnt know how to use them. Its likely the thread has been damaged.
If they are working properly, the rpms should go up immediately as you turn the knob. It could be an adjustment issue, but I dont recall ever having to adjust one.

They often malfunction because previous owners didnt know how to use them. Its likely the thread has been damaged.
If they are working properly, the rpms should go up immediately as you turn the knob. It could be an adjustment issue, but I dont recall ever having to adjust one.
It does feel as if there is no resistance to it and it is just spinning freely as I turn it

Attaches to the skinny pedal. Stick your head under the dash and follow the cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom